PDA

View Full Version : Help with daughters 85' 125m.

hang&rattle
05-27-2010, 01:08 PM
Tasha is a string-bean 8 yr. old who loves her trike more than her horses! This 3-wheeler is the perfect kids 3-wheeler, the top speed is surprising & it has power to climb anything and is depenable & gets great gas milage. The thumb throttle, however, cramps her hand badly. I looked in denniskirk for a twist throttle, but can't figure out with throttle kit to match up. Any one have experience with a twist throttle application for this type of carb/trike set-up?

dcreel
05-27-2010, 01:26 PM
I don't know if a twist throttle is a good idea.. They sell an attachment that attaches to the thumb throttle making it longer, which makes it easier for the child to use.

hang&rattle
05-27-2010, 01:41 PM
Yup, dcreel, those would be an option, but it's the distance down that's too long for a short thumb & is a lot of strain to reach. Her throttle is light, jus' to far down for a tiny thumb. She also loves the twist when she rides the 200x and a dirt bike.

JayBone
05-27-2010, 01:54 PM
Just try and move/spin the throttle housing up a bit? It's a far push. If you bring it up a bit it may help. It costs nothing to try it.

RIDE-RED 250r
05-27-2010, 02:01 PM
i would think that so long as the twist kit is made to fit the diameter of her bars then most any would do. just make sure the diameter bars the kit is made to fit is the same diameter as the bars on the 125. but unfortunately, i have not installed a twist on a wheeler like that. just repaired/replaced the twists on bikes i have owned in the past. there may also be a need to make sure the cable with the twist kit is compatable with the throttle slide on your wheeler as well, but im not 100% sure

hang&rattle
05-27-2010, 02:27 PM
Thanks, JayBone, good idea, but have tried it. The kids throttle is up at a 45 degree angle and they will switch off using their palm, but they hold on to their grips with jus' fingertips. There are throttle kits listed for an ATC 90 & 110, these bikes have the same general body & design, does anyone know if the carbs match up? That twist kit for a 110 would have the length and fit the bars, but is the plunger on the carb the same for the cable to be attached? To good of hands on this site for someone not to know the simarlarities between a 125m & 110/90 carb, I'm jus' to inexperienced.