PDA

View Full Version : Pretrip inspections and What tools and parts for a day of riding?

mike1979
05-25-2010, 11:39 PM
Here is what I have and suggestions are welcome...
plug wrench
Allen wrench for carrier bearing adjustment
3 plugs
tire plugs
metric socket set
2 crescent wrenches just in case

PRETRIP INSPECTION:
adjusted valves
new tires
adjusted chain
new plug
gas (of course)
brakes new (fluid level is OK)
Am I missing anything????

Thorpe
05-25-2010, 11:44 PM
Small tow rope/strap...

Chillian
05-25-2010, 11:48 PM
I usually carry a small flatbladed screwdriver as well for idle/air screw. Check the air pressure in all tires. But you you have pretty much everything else covered.. But i'm not 1 to talk i have done the same thing gathered all tools and left my dam helmet and gogles home..lol..

3wheelmecca
05-26-2010, 12:08 AM
also some antifreeze for watercooled trikes and some water, to cool off something or get fine dirt off.

UlsterATCFan
05-26-2010, 12:48 AM
What about lunch?

3wheelmecca
05-26-2010, 12:55 AM
lol right?
I would throw in a case of Mountain Dew, and a strap for your 6-pack rack, cant carry low grade malt without it.
Also if you have a watercooled trike, some radiator sealant and maybe a air tank if you need air in your tires if you dont fill them at home/camp. If you have a slide type carb on your trike as well, bring some change if the needle jumps or to jump a solenoid.
Tie- Wraps too. If you get the big ones, you can use it as a tow strap.

NotStock
05-26-2010, 03:29 AM
I always check my lug nuts, hub nuts, and front axle nuts. Buddy lost his this past weekend, could have been really ugly really fast.

haggard 2hundie
05-26-2010, 08:37 PM
What are valves? I like to bring extra girls and beer and a socket and beer, gas , beer beer,food, beer.......etc.

did somebody say beer ?