PDA

View Full Version : 350x clutch

Lee350x
05-21-2010, 12:15 AM
Hey i just put a new cluch in my 350x, when i got it all back together it sliped horrible so i took it apart again an put it back together and it still sliped bad, i tried adjusting it and nothing worked. after tearing it apart and putting it back together at least 5 times it finally worked, but now after only one day of riding my oil is black. ive rode and changed it 4 times now and it still gets dirtty after one ride. How can i make it stop?

Chillian
05-21-2010, 12:20 AM
oil turning black is normal. all engines produce some blow-by around the rings, and these spent gases contain carbon, a by-product of combustion. the carbon is dissolved into the oil where it can be removed from the engine during oil changes. also make sure you changed your filter it will slow this process down, but your oil will discolor fast.

mike1979
05-21-2010, 05:43 AM
Did you soak it in oil first? I believe I read on here somewhere that you should soak them in oil for 24 hrs or something. I could be way off, idk...

SWIGIN
05-21-2010, 06:16 AM
Any new clutch, brake pads or anything with matirial like that on them needs to bed in or ware in to the shape of what it rubs on.

I'd bet your clutch basket is warped or worn or you used warped steels.....something was not right.

Dirtcrasher
05-21-2010, 10:35 AM
Did you buy an EBAY clutch??

Or a Barnett or OEM. Did you replace fibers,steels and springs??

It may cost 100$ or more to do it once, but it will be right!

gary.h
05-21-2010, 10:56 AM
I would say if you put it back together right and it did not work the first time, there was something wrong with it, I could be wrong but my guess is something is bent causing the clutch not to work and excess ware on the plates, if so it will not last long........and hay my e-bay clutch has been working great. Looking back should of went O.M.E. tho.