PDA

View Full Version : klt 200 missiong carberator

pfun41
05-16-2010, 01:21 AM
hey im a newb here and i need help:rolleyes:. i dont have a 3 wheeler but i have a machine made from a 3 wheeler. the 3 wheeler vin tag thingy is long gone. i dont know exactly what year or model this is. here is what i know: its between 1980-1984 and its a klt 200. the carb used a pulse style fuel pump since the carb-to-engine boot does not have the little vacume nipple.it has a kickstarter which i understand is not common on these. the rear dif locks with an allen screw on the differential assembly, not a knob on the wheel hub. the original 3 wheeler has no suspension so its not a klt 250. i beleive at this time it is a 1983 klt 200 duckster. when i got it all it has left of the carberator was the cap/sleeve/needle assembly. i put a xr 200 carb on it and it runs but in the last year ive ruined another spark plug due to what i beleive is a rich condition. it also pops and sputters. the carb is starting to leak around the bowl and needle seat. ive decided to get a original klt 200 carberator. the issue is ive noticed that the carberators seem to be different based on year and fuel pump style. my question is can i use any klt 200 carberator or does it have to be one that the engine would have originally come with? also what other carbs could i use on this engine. the exhaust has been changed so any carb will need adjusting. someone please help, 4 years is way to long to be working on a project that isnt ridable 90% of the time:(.