PDA

View Full Version : neighbors 1985 250sx -its rough but get the job done

Mr_RPM
05-12-2010, 08:35 PM
he doesn't respect trikes quite like we do but he loves the thing. he bought it a few weeks ago and it was all spray painted camo, he got the fenders red again but its still rough. he just wants to ride it as is till it breaks, then ill probably end up buying it and bringing it back to life.
yeah he didnt put that tank on either...it sucks to see it so rough but i know ill save her one day.

runs great though

mtsnieg
05-12-2010, 08:38 PM
That's great. My 200x had a tank just like that one when I got it. Total nut buster.

tri again
05-13-2010, 05:12 AM
My favorite test tank was a nice big flat plastic one from a stationary generator.

Fit PERfectly on the racks

puggerton03
05-13-2010, 08:17 AM
Aside from the gas tank, rims, and faded grips, from the pictures it doesnt look bad at all.

fabiodriven
05-13-2010, 09:10 AM
:shiftyeyes:Trailpros:shiftyeyes:

Mr_RPM
05-13-2010, 06:13 PM
well theres more stuff like the shocks are blown front and rear, the front brake lever wont even move, the drive shaft hasn't been looked at but i can only imagine what it looks like. he doesn't even run an airfilter, i even offered him a UNI for free and hes like "ehh i dont give a f***, its a honda" hes not dumb just not caring. he has a nice 2005 raptor 660 and a yamaha 350 enduro type bike that he somewhat takes care of.
oh and those trail pros work pretty darn good, i was very impressed.

Dirtcrasher
05-13-2010, 06:48 PM
Be aware of the 85 brake drums leaking water in. So much so, that they installed a drain plug!! :lol:

Grab a plastic Clarke gas tank (red won't yellow. My white tank yellowed - I'm sure I could argue that for a couple dozen posts but I'm merely suggesting it) and I'd still run a clear inline gas filter!

You can freshen up the rearend, grab a new/used (red preferably) gas tank and check the color/condition of the diff fluid (many guys have NEVER changed the all of 2 shot glasses of 80/90W oil it holds.....) and if he wants to hop around a little bit, he can grab a nice 85 200X complete front end and put a skinny front tire. That along with the front disc brake are a fantastic improvement and help it turn better and brake faster etc etc!! You need to make up some steering stops (this is were lots of guys cheap out) but you can even but an 87 200X front end on it. The 350X and 250R (unless an aircooled model) are a bit too high for the SX and ruin the handling........

If anyone swapping the front end wants steering stops made up, I can make them up and if a friend or shop has a good CO2 mig welder (along with some helpful tips) you guys will be rolling just fine!

DC

EDIT - I missed the last recent post. Apparently he DGAF about it...... Sometimes I wonder why I bother to suggest anything (DC bangs his head on the wall........) Neglect and abuse a quad, not a trike!!