PDA

View Full Version : Maier Plastic Question for 250es

BigSkip
05-08-2010, 01:47 PM
On a 250es big red...I noticed that some people don't have the black plastic rear flaps on the rear fends or the black plastic rear fender side trim...when they run the Maier aftermarket fenders...Does the trim and mud flaps not fit the aftermarket fenders or is this piece molded into aftermarket unit and not required....looks like most people put the black plastic rear mud flap on the front fenders of the maier fenders??..I just noticed that there is a little bit of a different look with the aftermarket fenders and wanted to find out before I got a set.

BigSkip
05-08-2010, 05:56 PM
I just took another look at my plastic that is on my newly acquired big red....It is flat across the back where the mudflaps SHOULD be...also missing the plastic trim around the rear fenders...Is this a seperate piece or part of the black mud flap part?...so I am assuming it is OEM plastic...very heavy stuff and doesn't look like the Maier plastic I've seen...The Maier plastic seems to incorporate the mudflap into it's molding and eliminating it??? Does any know anything about this plastic?

Chillian
05-08-2010, 06:07 PM
the maier plastic has the cut outs for the mudflaps on them. however if you try to get your mudflaps off the machine you will realize why most don;t run them after they get the new plastic. The orginals are insanely hard to get off with out ruining them. That is the reason most do not have them on the after market plastic. I have made new fenders thou. i use bailer belt you can buy it at TSC(tractor supply company) it is heavy enough and easy enough to work with yet strong enough to hold up over time. and looks good too.