PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!!!!!!350x Valve adjustment

mike1979
05-07-2010, 06:40 PM
Sorry for all the silly questions but I am trying to learn here...
I have the manual but the pics is hard to see. After i loosen the adjusting nut on the rocker, do you put the feeler gauge at the top of the valve stem? which is just above what I believe is called a circlip??? I am using the .008 feeler and as it is, I cant get the feeler in any of the valves. i have the T mark lined up, but I am not sure if I am on the compression stroke and dont know how to tell. I can see through the spark plug hole that the piston is at the top. I just wanna get this damn thing out to the off road park!!!!

mike1979
05-07-2010, 08:42 PM
Sorry for all the silly questions but I am trying to learn here...
I have the manual but the pics is hard to see. After i loosen the adjusting nut on the rocker, do you put the feeler gauge at the top of the valve stem? which is just above what I believe is called a circlip??? I am using the .008 feeler and as it is, I cant get the feeler in any of the valves. i have the T mark lined up, but I am not sure if I am on the compression stroke and dont know how to tell. I can see through the spark plug hole that the piston is at the top. I just wanna get this damn thing out to the off road park!!!!

Well, i figured it out! I couln't figure out where the feeler gauge was supposed to fit because the valve were so tight that the valves weren't even closing all the way, hence the smoke. I think they are a bit too losse because they are chattering a little so I shut it right off. NO SMOKE THOUGH!!!! Tomorrow I will try to fine tune it. one question though... should there be just a tiny bit of wiggle in the rockers at TDC?

sportsfinat
05-07-2010, 08:51 PM
yes sir....but very little almost to little to notice

whyzee
05-07-2010, 09:25 PM
You must be at TDC of the compression stroke !! you will know you are at TDC of the compression stroke when BOTH rocker arms are loose. They BOTH have to be loose or rotate the the crankshaft counterclockwise 180 degrees . Engine must be COLD then slide the feeler gauge betwwen the adjusting screw and valve stem. Adjust and tighten until there is a slight drag on the 0.08mm feeler gauge ;) There will be a little wiggle when done , just a tiny bit as stated above