PDA

View Full Version : is this a stock 350X axle?

Jim mac
05-06-2010, 10:50 PM
just trying to figure out what all I bought. the trike is a 85 350X. its got a DG pipe. The carb needs to be cleaned, it starts and runs, but if you let the throttle go, it wants to die. I smokes a little. but over all its a pretty clean trike. Thanks! jim

aldochina
05-07-2010, 12:29 AM
looks stock to me

QCR77
05-07-2010, 12:33 AM
sweet ride man.

Jim mac
05-07-2010, 01:18 AM
I think im going to run some seafoam through the carb, it runs but at idle it wants to stall. Ive had the thing all of 1 day and I may have a buyer for it this weekend. If it doesnt sell, im going to get a title for it monday. jim

Dirtcrasher
05-07-2010, 10:33 AM
Yep, stock 1985.....

When the diameter tapers towards the splined shoulder it is normally a stock axle. Just remember that if you have to remove it, the lock nut gets loosened, then the big nut turned to "make it shorter) I believe they are LH threads too and heat may be needed or penetrating oil. Yours looks clean though and may zing right off. The downside is you need 2 huge 2' long adj. wrenches to attack it. A pipe wrench burrs it up and then it rusts and looks like garbage! I greas then when I put them back together than use a center punch to damage one spot of threads so it won't come apart....