PDA

View Full Version : Vesrah gasket kit from Dennis Kirk any good?

puggerton03
05-05-2010, 12:59 PM
Is this brand any good? getting the 10.25 wiseco piston from dennis kirk for my 86 200x. Whats a good brand for the gasket top-end kit?

rdlsz24
05-05-2010, 01:04 PM
I've used Vesrah in the past and had no issues. When I recently rebuilt my 200x I used Vesrah for everything but the head gasket. I got one of the new metal gaskets from Honda for that.

Rob

DixiePlowboy
05-05-2010, 01:29 PM
I've used Vesrah several times over the years, including the 350X I rebuilt a month or so ago. No problems with them on any of the builds.

No problems with Cometic either, the many times I've used that brand.

200XMichigan
05-05-2010, 05:46 PM
Vesrah is big, I have never heard any complaints about them. Once when I needed a head gasket after the one in my kit was damaged (they didn't sell them individually), I e-mailed them and they sent out a head gasket free of charge from Tokyo, Japan. I still kept the package. So I will stand behind Vesrah all they way. I was amazed with their customer service. And it came pretty quick too, considering it came from the other side of the world.

tri-Z ripper
05-05-2010, 06:24 PM
They're fine are you redoing crank bearings and seals and new rod? if not then is that the big bore piston? if so beware of the extra stresses on the older parts still in there. keep it running longer with good parts