PDA

View Full Version : what years and models part swap?

yammerjamer
05-05-2010, 09:44 AM
hey im a newbie to this site. ive wanted to by a trike for years and years after my old mans blew up 2when i was just a wee tot. finally i went and found one that i thought was a god deal and picked it up. it a 83 honda 200. its a chain drive with no reverse and pull start. im been looking around and i found myself a 85 big red for parts that ivebeen looking at and was wondering if i could exchange some parts between these two models. the person that i might be buying this from says that it doesnt run, ad that the rear fenders are cracked. I was wondering if my fenders would fit onto that machine as mine are in mint condition. and if i could either swap the engine and have the tranny bolt up some how. or if the big red engine would fit into my 200 (providing i can get that 250 to run)? also i need front brakes (from the handle bars to the rim) if they would fit from the big red to my 200?and rear brake pads to fit from the big red to my 200? was wondering if it was worth my time to mess around and try make something work or if its impossible. basically i would like to make the two into one good one whichever way is easier. big red engine ad brakes to the 200. or 200 plastics to big red. thoughts? thanks.

atctim
05-05-2010, 09:50 AM
Welcome to the boards yammerjamer.

Unfortunately there is not a lot of parts that will interchange on those two bikes - they are very, very different machines. I think about the only thing interchangeable is rear brake shoes. Plastics are very much different - motor swap would be nearly impossible as one is shaft drive and the other is chain drive.

bigworm626
05-05-2010, 12:09 PM
Just stick w/ the 83 200, you can't go wrong with that atc. good power & goes almost anywhere. welcome kid kash!!!

rdlsz24
05-05-2010, 12:11 PM
Does your 200 run? Why are you looking for a new engine for it

Rob