PDA

View Full Version : Why do people drag race 3 wheelers and 4 wheelers?

Darius1502
09-01-2003, 06:26 PM
I was wondering what is so fun about doing that. Every time I go to a public riding area someone wants to drag race my machines.

It seems to me that I can think of no better way to prematurely wear down you trike. Then even if you win the other person will argue its a fluke and then want to race again. Also it seems to take little rider skill to race in staight line. Although I will say you need a quick hand and foot.

You should see all the Banshee bozo's that approach me the second they see my zilla. The only question is: do you want to drag race?

Is it just me or is this annoying as SH#t?

TeCaTe_MaN
09-01-2003, 06:41 PM
it is so fun :D i could drag race all day

ATC crazy
09-01-2003, 07:45 PM
...and then replace the top end in a couple of weeks... :rolleyes: It is fun...but I would only do it so often.

smokinwrench
09-01-2003, 08:11 PM
I know it is hard as ohwell on my machine, but there is nothing better than out running some young kid on his brand new piped banshee or raptor.

Josh

HemiChallenger71
09-01-2003, 08:16 PM
I wish I could get people to race me. When I ask people on Raptors and other machines they always have an excuse.

200x Basket
09-01-2003, 08:37 PM
i think you are too grown up to have those machines. pass them on to a user.

SpeedBump
09-01-2003, 09:13 PM
Also it seems to take little rider skill to race in staight line. Although I will say you need a quick hand and foot.

This is what all the guys with SLOW machines say. ;)

TeCaTe_MaN
09-01-2003, 09:20 PM
LMAO!! :D tru dat :D

sandrooster
09-01-2003, 10:40 PM
...and then replace the top end in a couple of weeks...

I like to drag. Think it helps with the reflexs. Its just fun.

ATC crazy,
I don't know about your rides but my 85R is still on its original bore. Never used 50:1 synthetics.
Using 20in turftamers against nonpaddled rides, I only lose drags to full-on moded Banshees. I repeatedly win against moderately moded shees ,piped 400/440exs and Raptors.

TeCaTe_MaN
09-01-2003, 11:10 PM
hahhahahahah....man......'dem blasters are so slow.... :D i cant get over how fast ppl think those things are :D

2strokepwer
09-02-2003, 01:50 AM
i love to drag race. it's fun to me. i don't worry about the motor, i just run it hoping to win. it's great to beat young kids or college students that had everything handed to them on a silver platter that don't appreciate things they didn't work for.

YAMAHA_Jim
09-02-2003, 10:00 PM
Blasters were never meant to be a drag raced. Their top speed is only 56 mph.Not nearly enough to outrun the cops. Whenever a drag race topic comes up,,,someone always reminds everyone else how slow the blaster is.Blasters were built to keep the price under $3000 and still offer a great all around machine for any rider.
Maybe its just my riding ability but I have beaten alot of the big bore ATV's(raptors,shee's,ds650,ex's etc) with my Blaster in the woods.

TeCaTe_MaN
09-02-2003, 10:08 PM
well, i am just sick of everyone thinking theyr the fastest things on 4 wheels...when i was at the dunes i had 6 guys come up to me and ask me if i wanted to race and when they pulled up to the line they rode up on a blaster and i just snickered and gave em a good ol' face full of sand :D

'86X
09-02-2003, 10:47 PM
Hey sandrooster, where are the helmets???? :rolleyes:

brokdown
09-03-2003, 01:53 AM
Also it seems to take little rider skill to race in staight line. Although I will say you need a quick hand and foot.

This is what all the guys with SLOW machines say. ;)

indeed.

I wasted 2nd gear sand dragging a month ago, and as soon as it goes back together, I'll be right back out there.....shouldn't own a trike if you don't enjoy working on them.

Plus, there's nothing like the crazy looks on golf carters' faces after they get spanked by an old air cooled R.

Ace Mon
09-03-2003, 09:57 AM
I'm not much of a dragger yet . I like to race moto X or flattrack . All of the machines are comprably fast , but I enjoy the skill it takes to get around the track faster . Fast in a straight line is still cool though . I will be building a streetbike powered trike soon . You guys that know me should know by now that sooner or later all of the Ace Mons projects come together . If I had to choose one . It would be flattracking . This is what I am best at . I like moto Xing better but I must face the fact that I am 6'4" and weigh 230lbs . Power to weight ratio is what its all about .

CHAINSAW
09-03-2003, 06:46 PM
I love any kind of racing on my trikes..

In my opinion.... if your machine is capable of doing it... DO IT!..
if not.. Do it anyways!!!

ATC crazy
09-03-2003, 08:12 PM
...and then replace the top end in a couple of weeks...

I like to drag. Think it helps with the reflexs. Its just fun.

ATC crazy,
I don't know about your rides but my 85R is still on its original bore. Never used 50:1 synthetics.
Using 20in turftamers against nonpaddled rides, I only lose drags to full-on moded Banshees. I repeatedly win against moderately moded shees ,piped 400/440exs and Raptors.

Well....As Tecate_Man was saying, If you do it all day, every day...it will happen eventually. I dont drag except with my friends once a month or so...its fun though

Mike Fort Laud
09-03-2003, 08:31 PM
Everywhere I ride all these guys with the quads wanna see what that chromed out restored to new 18 year old 3 wheeler is made of. Down here in South Florida everything is either Straight roads or mud. So I have my bike geared and set up for top end. Nothing is better than when all the Cubans with there Banshees come up from Miami with their attitudes and this Redneck on the 3 Wheeler whips their ass. When they ask how far to race I tell them until one of us gives up.......Right down the middle of the highway. I have held this thing WIDE OPEN FOREVER and it still has not blown up since I built it 3 years ago. I actually try to blow it up, thats a reason to rebuild it a little faster ,but I hate to take apart a good running engine but this thing is bullet proof. Build it right, run the right gas and oil and Engine Ice in the radiator to keep it cool. If your are afraid to hold yours wide open then it might need a little work now.