PDA

View Full Version : need help getting out broken bolt.

portland250r
05-02-2010, 10:45 PM
hey this is a hard one. (1986 200x)
where the pipe mets the block the bolt that connects to the muffler from the cylinder broke theres 2 but one broke and i tried a easy out and it just spinned and didnt move the bolt i looked at a exploded view of the cylinder block on power sports and it didnt show up in the picture so does that mean that bolt is welded into the cylinder.
i appreciate the help if anyone knows or has dealt with this.

jeffatc250r
05-02-2010, 10:51 PM
Gotta heat that slut up. Is there anything sticking out that you can weld a nut on? If you cant ez-out it with a cpl cycles of heat (not a lame propane torch) then you kinda screwed.
Your options are to drill it out. If your drill work isnt right on it will go into the head. Aluminum cuts way easier and the drill will follow the path of least resistance (the head)
Or plan B, take it off and send it to someone that has a mill to get that prick out.

Walkerallen
05-02-2010, 11:33 PM
broken exhaust bolts are pricks, take it to some one who does that stuff every day, and you should be free and clear of worries

Dirtcrasher
05-02-2010, 11:51 PM
We've ALL dealt with it.......

It's either pull the head and send it to me/anyone that has the tooling to get it out, or take your chances...... It's NEVER easy! The 350X is horrible for this! 4 broken studs :lol:

portland250r
05-03-2010, 12:52 AM
thanks for the help you think a motorcycle shop could do it.

sbjones73
05-03-2010, 01:53 AM
i would take it to a machine shop, just my opinion!!!!!!!