PDA

View Full Version : yamaha tri moto 125

webster59
05-02-2010, 05:14 PM
Hello i need help my 125 tri moto will not move. I have to push start pull start doesn't work runs but will not move. if you can help me just post.

it woked about 2 years ago it will start but when you but it in gear and give it gas it will just rev up and not move i think its the clutch but i don't know i need advice please. if you need any more info just tell me what you need.

cox
05-02-2010, 06:02 PM
If it runs and dont move, then check if you have a chain....lol

or be more specific

84atc200
05-02-2010, 06:07 PM
Thats weird

webster59
05-04-2010, 07:04 AM
well thanks but it has a chain becuase i rode it before

Vealmonkey
05-04-2010, 07:50 AM
You can't argue with that logic!

Sparkplugkid
05-04-2010, 12:57 PM
are you sure its shifting into gear properly?

webster59
05-04-2010, 04:38 PM
i think so but it ran out of transmision oil and it was still ridden like that and i dont know what happend

webster59
05-21-2010, 08:37 PM
What are you people on here for if you cant help anyone

Yamaha_Rules69
05-21-2010, 09:20 PM
^ Why are you getting upset? We are here to help you, but its hard to know what to say, when you give such a description as "it just wont move" Have you tried to do anything on it? Its not going to fix itself. Check the obvious - you said it had a chain 3 years ago - check it! Make sure it is still there, maybe someone stole it, or maybe it came dis-connected! Are you shifting the right way? You need to move the shifter up for all the gears. If both of these fail, make sure the shifter is connected, and turning the shaft that comes out of the motor when you move it up or down. I know the YT's have the goofy linkages, connected to the shifter to the shaft. Make sure they havnt come loose, or dis-connected. These are all some good starting points. Its a lot harder to tell what is wrong hearing about it, and not seeing it in person. Good luck, and dont get upset, we are all trying to help!

200XMichigan
05-21-2010, 09:24 PM
If the shifter goes through all the gears and it doesn't move at all, maybe the clutch is burned out. Or it could be the shifter is broken internally and not allowing it to go into gear. But usually you can feel that the shifter doesn't feel right. But if you can push start it then the wheels and the engine are engaged in some way. Is the front brake locked?

Once you narrow it down more people can give you a more specific answer.

bennett
05-22-2010, 01:51 PM
Can someone identify the ports on this carb? It is off of an 82 yt125. I have figure out the fuel and oil....but there are a few I am not sure of. Also, does anyone have the adjustments for the mixture screws and internal pilot within the float body? Any help is appreciated.

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/6150/may220002.th.jpg (http://img696.imageshack.us/i/may220002.jpg/)
[IMG]http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/5199/may220001.th.jpg (http://img718.imageshack.us/i/may220001.jpg/) Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

bennett
05-22-2010, 02:04 PM
I would also like to thank everyone that makes this forum possible....it has been very helpful to me the last week.

kirby
05-22-2010, 02:14 PM
What are you people on here for if you cant help anyone

Nice Attitude, that kind of attitude is really going to encourage people to help. show so respect newbie and you might get some back in return

Vealmonkey
05-22-2010, 03:11 PM
Here's a good idea, why don't you do a search on here for what you are looking for. There have been many threads and replies covering this same topic. You should be able to find all the info you want by just taking some time and doing some looking around. Trust me, there are plenty of pictures as well as to what the ports are on your carb. As for your trike not moving and you not riding it for a year, it could be many things. But mostly, since you have the trike and we don't, you ought to take the time and try doing a little fact finding mission by looking closely at your trike and see what is turning and what is not. Check to make sure you wheels turn freely-bearings. Check your chain, make sure it's not all rusted to the point where it won't move or maybe that it busted the master link and has fallen off. Or try adjusting your clutch. Most people on here have looked over and tried a few things on their trike first instead of just coming on here and asking what the problem. If you tell people that you have already checked over certain things, then people may be more willing to put their thinking caps on and make an attempt to give you some suggestions. But when the best thing you can say is the chain is fine since you rode the trike a year ago, well, then it's really hard for people to be able to take you seriously, at least me for one anyway as I shouldn't speak for anyone else. If you really want help, help us to help you.

bennett
05-22-2010, 04:24 PM
I believe you are getting confused with the first guy......read the post from BENNETT. As for the searching...I have already went down this road. I have found some stuff, but the few I found did not answer the question. They were responses such as " I believe the black connector is crank ventilation" I was hoping for someone...possibly a yamaha guru to help me out. Anyway, This trike is the same model I used to ride when I was a kid....so far I have restored compression by freeing the stuck rings and it is actually running great and idles fine. But, It is peppering oil out of the exhaust and I believe it is running too rich. I am hoping for someone to ACTUALLY help me out with the adjustments and tube connections. The tube connections I am worried about are the two black 90 degree and the bottom float bowl connection. Don't know where they go.

For those of you who would like to know a nice trick for removing stuck rings and hard carbon....boil the assembly in a pot of water. Works like a charm. Make sure to give the piston a good coat of oil afterwards.

Vealmonkey
05-22-2010, 07:13 PM
Ok bennett, I couldn't find what I was looking for so here goes. The 2 90 degree black plastic elbows are vents. The one on the left side of the carb as you are facing the front of the trike is suppose to have a vent line hooked to it and it should run up along the backbone of the frame. The one on the right should have a vent line that just sort of hangs down to the bottom of the trike. The float connection should have a line on it that also goes to the bottom of the trike and it is the bowl drain which should work by loosening a set screw on the float bowl. You want the two lines that hang down below the engine to be an inch or 2 below the frame and make sure they are not rubbing against anything that is moving. I hope that helps. Also I keep forgetting on here that the search engine doesn't work very well, so I apologize for that. If you have questions it may be best to post them in your own thread. I don't know if you are premixing your fuel or using your premix tank and have all those lines properly hooked up. Best of luck with your trike.

haggard 2hundie
05-22-2010, 07:28 PM
I believe you are getting confused with the first guy......read the post from BENNETT. As for the searching...I have already went down this road. I have found some stuff, but the few I found did not answer the question. They were responses such as " I believe the black connector is crank ventilation" I was hoping for someone...possibly a yamaha guru to help me out. Anyway, This trike is the same model I used to ride when I was a kid....so far I have restored compression by freeing the stuck rings and it is actually running great and idles fine. But, It is peppering oil out of the exhaust and I believe it is running too rich. I am hoping for someone to ACTUALLY help me out with the adjustments and tube connections. The tube connections I am worried about are the two black 90 degree and the bottom float bowl connection. Don't know where they go.

For those of you who would like to know a nice trick for removing stuck rings and hard carbon....boil the assembly in a pot of water. Works like a charm. Make sure to give the piston a good coat of oil afterwards.
why not start your own thread instead of stepping on this one.

bennett
05-23-2010, 12:03 AM
why not start your own thread instead of stepping on this one.

I was trying to play by the rules (RULES THREAD) Use the search engine, and when applicable PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! reply to an existing thread no matter how old it is before you make a new one about the same content. See this thread for more information: http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...ad.php?t=59418

bennett
05-23-2010, 12:06 AM
Thanks VealMonkey. This information is very helpful.

bennett
05-24-2010, 09:51 PM
I figured out why I was "peppering" oil out of my exhaust. All I had to do was move the c-clip up a notch on the needle valve.....it seems my carb was running to rich. Anyway, it is almost complete. All I need to do now is find some tires, air filter, and headlight bulb. I will be sure to post some pics when done. Thanks to all for the help....even though some of you like to bust the newbies balls ;)

Question, do any of you know where to find a cheaper aftermarket cone filter? (Maybe a riding lawn mower would crossover?) The bike shop wants $45 for this thing! I have a hard time paying so much for something as simple as a filter.

I would also like to post some helpful links that I found for those of you that may encounter this problem down the road. These are a few good links I found that cover general valves and jetting.

http://www.atvriders.com/articles/jetting.html

http://www.iwt.com.au/mikunicarb.htm

webster59
06-04-2010, 01:43 AM
ok my brother tighend a screw behind the chain gard and it ran for a little bit and it was riding fine but then when we put it up and now the shifter isnt moving at all any help what would cause the shifter to not move bear with me i dont know anything about 3 wheelers thats why i am on here

Xpress
06-04-2010, 01:47 AM
So your shifter got stuck? Sounds as if a gear got jammed, or one of the shifting forks..

BTW, it helps LOADS if you use proper sentence structure :)