PDA

View Full Version : 81 tri moto taillight problems HELP!!

flowmasterman
04-30-2010, 01:17 AM
hi all, been workin on my 81 Tri Moto I bought couple months ago, buying stuff here and there that was missing or need replaced, I just got my taillight in mail today, the guy i bought the 3 wheeler from said it never had one since he bought it new in 81, said it was a demo bike, the wire is there to hook it up, headlight works fine, so i put the taillight on, start it up and nothing,,take voltmeter and it shows voltage, so stick bulb in and if put it in the way i fits doesnt work,but if i take it out and stick it in the other way and hold it in with my hand the bulb lights up but the headlight goes about half as bright as it was before like it shorting out by me putting the bulb in the wrong way, also the bulb number is a 1154 and is a 6 volt bulb, but why does the bulb have 2 filaments in it? if it just to light up taillight and doesn't light up for the brakes like a car would,,what is the reason for having 2 filaments? do they both light up when the bike is running? any help is appreciated! please pm me if have an answer as i am not sure how to know if someone answer a post, but i will try and look on here time to time to see if someone has replied to the post

Sparkplugkid
04-30-2010, 01:16 PM
the 2 filiments are for if you hook up a seperate brake light to it I beleive.