PDA

View Full Version : toolbox alternatives?

Grizzlypeg
04-28-2010, 08:29 PM
Any fabricate their own tool box for their trike? I'd some place to store some tools and a spare spark plug, but I'm missing the original toolbox. I was thinking of some ideas, like some pvc tubing with a screw on cap. Anyone find anything to work well as a weatherproof toolbox?

code200k
04-28-2010, 09:01 PM
yamada used an old army ammo box mounted on his rear grab bar..looks cool and doesnt look too out of place.

Grizzlypeg
04-28-2010, 09:41 PM
That's a good idea. They are waterproof, and cheap. I'd probably make a "basket" to hold it.

atc350xer
04-29-2010, 12:42 PM
Any fabricate their own tool box for their trike? I'd some place to store some tools and a spare spark plug, but I'm missing the original toolbox. I was thinking of some ideas, like some pvc tubing with a screw on cap. Anyone find anything to work well as a weatherproof toolbox?

I made one like that out of ABS... I used it until I got the regular tool box for my 350x, it worked well, but I used plumber's strap to mount it and it couldn't take the abuse

haggard 2hundie
04-29-2010, 07:27 PM
i like the pvc idea , maybe fashion it to look like a stick of tnt or diamond plating would look tough