PDA

View Full Version : Who in gods name still makes a friggin pipe for an 85-86 r

Macdiesel
04-26-2010, 10:36 PM
Im looking for an out of frame drag pipe or anything really and I don't feel like spending 400+ on an ESR which is so far the only company have found, I called FTZ no luck, and Harry at trinity said I was SOL any advice guys? I have mixed emotions on Turners for drag racing due to issues with my 250r quad, FMF of course is FMF ,....they look nice but I wanna go fast, any thoughts? experiences? or advice would be awesome

dcreel
04-26-2010, 10:57 PM
Try Jemco.. see if they will build you one.

Louis Mielke
04-26-2010, 11:09 PM
Dude, money talks and bullhockey walks. Speed = money. I'm sure there's a couple companies that will make you a pipe but it'll cost more than 400 bones to get it done.

DixiePlowboy
04-26-2010, 11:12 PM
Speed = smart money....not always more money. Only way us po' folks can win:)

Louis Mielke
04-26-2010, 11:14 PM
Speed = smart money....not always more money.

Dude, I've seen a lot of dumb people end up with fast vehicles because they wasted enough money.

smart speed = smart money. Now that I would agree with.

3wheelmecca
04-26-2010, 11:31 PM
DG makes a damn good pipe. I had it on my 86R and it performed past my expectations.

Macdiesel
04-26-2010, 11:44 PM
Ill try jemco first thing tomorrow, dont get me wrong Im sure ESR is a good pipe but Im looking for a staright up drag beater out of frame monster that will burn your leg hair and look really scary too

DixiePlowboy
04-27-2010, 12:09 AM
DG makes a damn good pipe.

You dang skippy, they are. I've used stock, DG, FMF, Coffman's, CT, and PT Hi-Rev over the last 25 years, and the DG is certainly much better than stock(and certain others)....no matter what anyone tells you.

There's much more to a machine than what pipe it's wearing. If anyone...no matter how much experience or knowledge they claim to have.....tells you a DG equipped machine can't ever beat a PT, ESR, etc.... equipped wheeler, they've got another lesson left to learn.

3wheelmecca
04-27-2010, 12:18 AM
My old 86 R (stock with DG system) could pass cars on a 65mph highway with EASE, a flick of the gas, It was pretty scary. Never wrecked it though....

Kintore
04-27-2010, 07:44 AM
I have ran many R pipes before, LRD, FMF, PT, DG, Stock

DG is a near stock replacement with minor gains,

I beleive FMF still sells a pipe along with Paul Turner aka Duncan Racing.
I run a PT high rev and love it, but I have heard from many o people that ESR is king crap on turd island.

1BFC
04-27-2010, 08:54 PM
I happen to have a FMF fatty gold with silencer sitting the attic (not pristine condition though). I replaced it with all new ESR ATC5 + ESR silencer a little while ago so it's 100% extra at this point. Sounds like you are looking for a little more radical though. Anyway.. pm if you interested, haven't even thought about selling it until just now :)

Autophysn
04-27-2010, 09:12 PM
Depending on what you are looking for, I have a buddy from another forum who builds Banshees for a living. A while back when I first bought my R, it came with a Selvy's pipe-which I sold. Anyway, When I was researching the Selvy's, he told me that he has a guy that when given all the specs based on what kind of performance he wants, he will build a custom pipe for you. I assume they do not come cheap, but they are sectional pipes, with an expension chamber built to the engine. I noticed you talk of money, and the others are very correct, it cost $$$ to get performance.

I on the other hand, am perfectly happy with my FMF. It is economical, put the power-band right where I want it, and it looks good too. Bottom line, it all depends on what your riding style and needs are. If you can never go fast enough, I hope your wallet never sees it's bottom. My 2 cents

Macdiesel
04-27-2010, 10:18 PM
yea my wallet definintely has a bottom this trike is basically gonna be a drag machine but stay somewhat stock.. Im doing a stage 2 port, v force reeds, cool head, 36mm carb, and because Im poor Im keeping a stock swing arm its god awful I know.. ill call selvy but right now Im leaning towards an LRD any thoughts there is one I found, and so far all the PT high rev pipes are about the same price as a ESR pipe and silencer and I have no experience with either one

HondaHarry
04-28-2010, 08:53 AM
Heres a pic of a Jemco to help you decide. Gave an FMF the boot for this thing. I love it, excellent mid and top. HH

HondaHarry
04-28-2010, 08:56 AM
that pic is kinda small, heres a better one. HH

oldskool83
04-28-2010, 08:59 AM
if you want a pipe for a 250r check mrs.momshman post in the classifieds, there was a decent used pipe there for not much at all.