PDA

View Full Version : Probably only asked 1000 times before but....

2Tim215
04-23-2010, 08:50 PM
I searched the site and read most Posts if not all about the 110 Pull Cord Assembly. I just bought another three wheeler and this is my first 110. I believe it is an 82 that the previous owner bought new. The pull rope is gone although the assembly looks good and complete otherwise. I checked the manuals here also and cannot find how to put in a new rope. Also, what size bolts hold the assembly to the motor? Are there any diagram links, instructions, etc that someone can link me to? I'll add some photos soon! The book that came with says 82 also. Thanks

twitch101
04-23-2010, 09:22 PM
there should be some screws on the inside of the pullstart around the gasket edge.

rdlsz24
04-23-2010, 10:38 PM
I put a new rope in my 79 110 using some of the advice in this thread: http://www.3wheeler.org/vb/showthread.php?t=29209

Rob

harryredtrike
04-24-2010, 02:39 AM
are you saying the pull start is not connected?

2Tim215
04-24-2010, 12:21 PM
are you saying the pull start is not connected?

Yes, the whole assembly is off of the motor from where it bolted on with the three screws/bolts etc. There is no rope inside except for a small piece left over from the knot. Here is the photo,
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=94029
What do I need to do to install a new rope? I am anxious to see if this 110 will go! Again, appreciate all help, links, etc.!!!

sirceo26
04-24-2010, 02:53 PM
take that circlip off the center shaft and everything will lift up and all you have to do is wrap a new rope around the outside. I usually wrap as much as i can around there, because once you put it back together you will have to pull some out so the spring has some tension, then tie a knot on the handle. be carefull pulling everything up, there's a spring in there, and once it gets unravelled, it's almost impossible to get back in.

2Tim215
04-24-2010, 06:45 PM
Okay, Thanks, I'll give it a try! Appreciate the info!

Dirtcrasher
04-24-2010, 10:29 PM
Your right, it has been asked countless times before....... Glad you got an answer! Our search feature isn't working too well......

ASIDE from the manuals that are online (many of the links from Monroe Mike :beer) We may need a forum for basic maintenance.

Maybe Billy or others think may agree that we already have enough forums and sub-forums but if "search" won't bring up the posts, then maybe a "General Trike Maintenance" forum would help allot of people out??

Nearly 50% of Trikesylvania posts are asking the same questions again and again. Thats why many of them aren't answered IMHO.

Many of these are general and basic questions that even with a manual some tips and tricks would help some guys out........

If no one has any thoughts on this, I'll start a new topic on it and see what flys :beer

DeathTrap
04-25-2010, 05:56 PM
You should get some grease and grease the center shaft and the ratchets inside while you have it all apart. It will pull and retract much smoother. Mine wasn't working at all and I took it apart and cleaned/greased it and now it's like butter.