PDA

View Full Version : "Most Dangerous Vehicle" video found

pickleweasel_00
04-22-2010, 11:18 PM
Haven't been on here in awhile so I probably missed this, but looks like someone put up the "Most Dangerous Vehicle" video from 60 Minutes that everyone is always looking for. Worth the time to watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FS1xIIHFS2M

MonroeMike
04-22-2010, 11:33 PM
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php?110985-The-Most-Dangerous-Vehicle-04-12-1987-(3-Wheeler-Ban-Video)

Dammit!
04-22-2010, 11:44 PM
Yeah. Jaykup was the one that FINALLY after all these years got that uploaded for us. The guy you just linked to copied it and didn't give him any credit.

Xfile
04-23-2010, 07:16 AM
"the trick to turning the 3 wheeled ATV is to lean into the turn, shifting your weight to the inside of the turn, this causes the machine to tip off balance.....it is a maneuver that children and some adults never master." So what he is saying is that the proper way to turn an ATC causes it to tip off balance? I thought it it was the improper way of turning that caused that....notice how many of the people that are knowingly being filmed are "playing for the camera"......here's $200 bucks, do something stupid for us........

honda200x1987
04-23-2010, 09:20 AM
I have seen the video, they totally attack the ATV industry. The ATC was no where near as dangerous as they claimed, that program was staged to make them seem more dangerous. Now is the time for the big 4 to start reproducing these legendary machines, atleast for the adult rider.

honda200x1987
04-23-2010, 09:26 AM
The way i see it , Honda for instance needs to some up with a little more stable machine to pass the CSPS. I for one know they are stable enough as it is, a wider rear axle makes all the difference period

Xfile
04-23-2010, 10:13 AM
The first guy they interview...."my son was going slow 300 yards away from me, he was trained in the safe operation of the machine....then suddenly the three wheeler just fipped over a smashed him on the head"....I am deeply sorry for the loss of his son,,,,but how can I say this any clearer....BEEEE ESSSSS. From 300 yards, even on flat ground it would be hard to tell what actually happened or how fast he was going, Any ATV does not make a decision to flip itself over and kill someone.....on flat ground it could have only been severe operator error. He said his son was trained in safe operation of the machine, yet he never mentioned if a helmet was being used. We have all been kids....we know we didn't always listen to our parents.....if you think you have ALWAYS listened to your parents as a kid or you ARE a parent and you think your kids ALWAYS listen to you, your lying to yourself.

Xfile
04-23-2010, 10:37 AM
It would be nice to see some new trikes....I wouldn't doubt if honda was still experimenting with them into the early 90's. I can't see a huge company just let a multi-million dollar industry go by the wayside. I would think they at least experimented with getting them widened out a making a lower center of gravity.....As far as ever seeing any...I would say no,,it will never happen. I think the negative image the media created for the 3 wheeled ATV will stick forever and there will never be a strong enough market for new models.

MagicJames
04-23-2010, 11:42 AM
The roost at part 1 at 6:59 is sweet!

Xfile
04-23-2010, 12:15 PM
The roost at part 1 at 6:59 is sweet!

It is! The only FACT I gathered from both videos is that they got some footage of some nice trikes!!

pickleweasel_00
04-23-2010, 01:36 PM
well sorry it was a repost, like I said I haven't been on here in a long time. But was excited to finally see it :) And that stupid lady saying they are dangerous and "just flip over"... like they do it for no apparent reason... definitely sounded way too biased for me