PDA

View Full Version : TPC Trikes?

fabiodriven
04-20-2010, 01:39 PM
Well, I know not everybody on here is a huge fan of Bill from TPC Trikes so I hope I'm not causing a ruckus by posting this. I just went to look at the TPC site and see what's new and I couldn't find it. Is the site gone?

atcrider1
04-20-2010, 02:04 PM
http://www.tpctrikes.com/

fabiodriven
04-20-2010, 02:19 PM
Oops! Thank you my friend.

EDIT- I don't know why, but when I search it, it doesn't come up. Hmm...

yooperman
04-20-2010, 02:29 PM
those are awsome!!! i wouldnt mind having one of them. was just looking on there site for prices on them but couldnt find a price.

fabiodriven
04-20-2010, 02:45 PM
those are awsome!!! i wouldnt mind having one of them. was just looking on there site for prices on them but couldnt find a price.

I can tell you they are not cheap, but you get what you pay for.

HONDA_ATC_FREAK
04-20-2010, 02:52 PM
ooooohhhh:drool: me want bad:D that thing is SWEET. I couldn't find a price either must mean is expensive probably several more thousand than I have anyway. Check out the testimonials on page 2 and watch the youtube video that guy is doing insane things with a 350x.

Louis Mielke
04-20-2010, 02:54 PM
those are awsome!!! i wouldnt mind having one of them. was just looking on there site for prices on them but couldn't find a price.

Fir$t you need to have or buy a new or u$ed 450r quad. Then you need to gather up all the dirtbike part$ for the conver$ion. THEN you'll need to pony up the money for the custom parts, conver$ion work and welding on the the fourwheeler frame. At that point you'll have a stockish 450r three wheeler that won't quite be whats shown on the TPC website. You'll spend a lot of money in aftermarket parts to get the bike shown.

bigred44
04-20-2010, 02:56 PM
It's not as simple as just going over there and picking up a TPC trike like you would a new quad at a dealer. You've got to start with something first. Bill can sell you a kit and most of the parts to convert your 450r to a trike or you can take him a trx450r and a crf450r and pay him to basically just put the 2 together(there is more to it than just that). Each machine is custom and set up specifically for you. From what I've read prices range anywhere from 6-25 grand depending on what you start with and how far you want to take it.

oldskool83
04-20-2010, 02:57 PM
i agree 100% with you Louis,

HRE is building one now and its turing out very very nice...even got a trick fancy flip seat which i do not think TPC is not doing.

atctim
04-20-2010, 03:08 PM
HRE's flip seat is only to accommodate for the CRF backwards kick start - you do not need that when using a quad motor. I do think HRE is building it to use the bike motor.

oldskool83
04-20-2010, 03:13 PM
yep hes using the bike motor.

jensenracing77
04-20-2010, 04:59 PM
It's not as simple as just going over there and picking up a TPC trike like you would a new quad at a dealer. You've got to start with something first. Bill can sell you a kit and most of the parts to convert your 450r to a trike or you can take him a trx450r and a crf450r and pay him to basically just put the 2 together(there is more to it than just that). Each machine is custom and set up specifically for you. From what I've read prices range anywhere from 6-25 grand depending on what you start with and how far you want to take it.

X2, other than the price. the low end is partly dependent on what you get the used Quad for but 6k to 7k would be the low end. but the high end is with a new TRX450R off the show room floor but with a new Quad it will still be much less than $25k. more like 15k with a new bike and aftermarket suspension. it really is a mater of what you want. i am sure you could spend $25k if you really wanted to :)

Vdubin64
02-08-2019, 12:23 AM
I just called Bill today over at TPC... I'm very interested in picking one up.. Mainly called to see if I could get my hands on a used 450 wheeler.. Unfortunately, he didn't have anything used.. I'd sure like to find one used.. I'm not really a "New" kinda guy.. We did discuss all of the used motorcycle/atv forums.. At this point I'm considering going new.. I know this is an old thread but, I'd sure like to be steered in the direction of a used one..

El Camexican
02-08-2019, 12:39 AM
There are a few places selling conversions now. Do some searching before you pick. The ones made from used bike platforms are likely the cheapest.

BOB MARLIN
02-08-2019, 09:52 AM
I built my 450 for half of what I put into my 250R.

Shep1970
02-08-2019, 10:19 AM
TPC is in Dirtwheels this month-257119 257120 257121 257122

Incase someone wants to read the article.
I’ll delete if inappropriate, not sure
You’ll have to deal w/it if there crooked:p
Shep

fabiodriven
02-08-2019, 01:06 PM
I'm saying this at my own risk because TPC is sue happy...

Just my humble opinion, but if TPC were as concerned about it's customers as it was taking everyone to court, they'd have a much broader fan base. There are a lot of people out there afraid to deal with TPC and I don't blame them. I would never deal with TPC based on their history that I'm aware of.

The choice is yours though.

Shep1970
02-08-2019, 01:45 PM
I`ve said it before ..........you da man Shepp ........thank you !
Nope, I’m just your average joe, Well avg Shep I guess
Your welcome glamy

Shep

oldskool83
02-08-2019, 03:11 PM
I know HRE had told me two reports of customers giving TPC money down but nothing was ever received as far a contact or goods then. I know those two customers had gone with HRE products. I have nothing else to ad since I do not deal with TPC. Its a cool looking trike if anyone can psychically get one in their hands. If not maybe TPC is more a few guys just promoting eye candy? I can not assume anything as I do not know TPC.

christph
02-08-2019, 03:55 PM
Check out bvctrikes. They make some awesome looking conversions--they almost look like production 3 wheelers. I especially like the TC300 Husqvarna they built (see pic).

https://bvctrikes.com/

83ATC185
02-08-2019, 05:13 PM
I forgot about those guys those huskies are way cool!

ironchop
02-08-2019, 08:46 PM
Check out bvctrikes. They make some awesome looking conversions--they almost look like production 3 wheelers. I especially like the TC300 Husqvarna they built (see pic).

https://bvctrikes.com/I follow that guy on YouTube.

Great stuff. That Husky sounds as good as it looks too

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

ironchop
02-08-2019, 10:31 PM
.........the dunes are where 3wheelers have the advantage over quadsLol...I keep forgetting that you don't ride in the trees

trikes have the advantage over quads in the deep woods as well. I've spanked sport quads with an ATC 200S in deep woods and water crossings especially with vertical creek banks on either side. They all stopped laughing at my 'honda hoverround'
after that.

Dirtcrasher
02-09-2019, 04:58 PM
Christina and Matt Losurdo are in ther too, they were at Unadilla when the picture was taken...

Dirtcrasher
02-09-2019, 05:00 PM
I'm saying this at my own risk because TPC is sue happy...

Just my humble opinion, but if TPC were as concerned about it's customers as it was taking everyone to court, they'd have a much broader fan base. There are a lot of people out there afraid to deal with TPC and I don't blame them. I would never deal with TPC based on their history that I'm aware of.

The choice is yours though.

Damn straight, I cracked 1 joke 4 years ago and "Kimmy" PM's me and said "one more comment and you'll be in this lawsuit too", what fukin losers...

ironchop
02-09-2019, 05:42 PM
Off topic.....

The best way to protect a reputation doesn't come from a lawyer. It comes from personal integrity and honor. Money can't buy those things.

Not being a dickhead is free