PDA

View Full Version : Fork swap questions.

Leadfoot71
04-20-2010, 03:07 AM
I'm considering buying a suspended fork from an '84 200 es to use on my '82 200e.

1. What bearings do I use for the headset? Mine are shot and will need to be replaced.

2. Will my '82 brake lever work fine with the newer '84 front brake? Both are drums but the brake levers seem to be different between the years. I suspect that is just a styling change. Correct?

3. My manual show internal differences between the two forks. Is one better that the other or are they both about the same?

Sorry about all the dumb questions folks. I just don't want to go through the trouble of restoring and retro fitting the new fork it's going to be incompatable.

Thanks in advance.

HONDA_ATC_FREAK
04-20-2010, 02:57 PM
I'm in the process of swapping front ends on my 200es there suspension or lack there of stinks. I am putting on a 200m front end, not sure if it will work for yours or not but it's worth looking into.

Leadfoot71
04-20-2010, 05:53 PM
I just really need to know if it'll fit or not. The one I'd like to buy is being sold by a member here and I will need to let him know soon if I'm going to buy it or not.

I know the suspension performance isn't that great (It barely moved when it was new) but since I'm doing a restoration, I'd like to get the looks and performance as close as possible to stock.

HONDA_ATC_FREAK
04-21-2010, 11:09 PM
Ah got ya
I'm not sure if it will or not I'd just keep checking the classifields and ebay.