PDA

View Full Version : New Tri-z and a question

Halex25
04-17-2010, 04:56 PM
Ive been on the site for a bit just dont post much. But here is a few pics of my Tri-Z i picked up about a month ago. Pretty much all stock except the silencer and its bored .30 over, plus a barnett clutch kit. I just put all new tires on it last night got rid of the nasty trailpro's it had. Ive just got a question about gearing im trying to get more top speed out of it and im wondering what i need to do with the sprockets to give it more top speed?

Vootie
04-17-2010, 05:26 PM
I just posted about gearing the other day. I was backwards on my thinking, but I was corrected: Smaller rear sprocket=taller gearing. Bigger front sprocket=taller gearing. From what I'm told, a 3 tooth change in the rear is roughly = to 1 tooth change in the front.

Mosh
04-17-2010, 06:02 PM
Go down to a 41 tooth rear Banshee Sprocket in the rear.
Make sure you get the sprocket for 92 and up Banshee's.The earlier models wont fit the Z hub.

Going down in the rear will get you more ground clearence, and you can only go so large in the front sprocket before it hits the case.
14 front and 41 rear will make a huge difference over stock gearing.

Halex25
04-17-2010, 06:44 PM
Thanks for the replys will look into getting a 14 for the front and a 41 for the rear