PDA

View Full Version : Best quiet muffler???

nolovie4smith
04-14-2010, 10:42 PM
I just took apart the one on my 85 KLT 160 and its shot. I have a ton of room there for basically anything less than a car exhaust.

Is there one that will make it so quiet the neighbors wont complain about it?

I was also wondering if i needed a certain amount of back pressure or anything for it. I took it off and drove it around a little, super loud but it seemed to run the same.

If there isnt a great one on the market for noise should i try to find a small muffler from a Honda Civic or some other small car?

Walkerallen
04-14-2010, 11:18 PM
i would try a super trapp

tri again
04-15-2010, 12:07 AM
I just took apart the one on my 85 KLT 160 and its shot. I have a ton of room there for basically anything less than a car exhaust.

Is there one that will make it so quiet the neighbors wont complain about it?

I was also wondering if i needed a certain amount of back pressure or anything for it. I took it off and drove it around a little, super loud but it seemed to run the same.

If there isnt a great one on the market for noise should i try to find a small muffler from a Honda Civic or some other small car?

I found one on the side of the road that fits on the end of mine and hangs perfectly off the back of my racks. even had the perfect diameter 90 degree bend.

Sounds like a movie playing in another room and there cant be much back pressure.

The diameter has got to be almost 3" or whatevercomes out the back of a 250es

I've seen silencers for the birdwatching crowd that's virtually the same but well over 100 bucks

nolovie4smith
04-15-2010, 02:06 AM
So i dont want backpressure. OK.

Do you have a muffler from a car or bike? And my pipe that goes to the exhaust is 1.125" I should be able to easily neck down any size though.

tri again
04-16-2010, 07:31 AM
So i dont want backpressure. OK.

Do you have a muffler from a car or bike? And my pipe that goes to the exhaust is 1.125" I should be able to easily neck down any size though.

or neck up to a 2" glasspack baffeled or not.

how quiet do you need?

whyzee
04-16-2010, 08:18 AM
i would sacrifice some power to have our bikes be as quiet as cars . This is the one area the manufactures have failed us on. Honda's stock exhaust at 86db is really nice but still even too loud ,imo.

atc350xer
04-16-2010, 10:14 AM
Yeah, I like mine quiet too. Loud toys just p**s off the neighbors.

twitch101
04-16-2010, 11:57 AM
ijust found an oem muffler for my 200es and at full throttle its easy to tralk to a person right next you. a worlds difference from running just a header like before

harryredtrike
04-17-2010, 08:00 AM
the quietist muffler i have is my stocker.the wheels are much louder than the exhaust