PDA

View Full Version : new problems

twitch101
04-13-2010, 09:59 PM
finally got an OEM exhaust on my 200 but it seems in the process i either stretched my throttle cable or something else. im not very knowledgable yet but i know it should jump to and stay at WOT once it is started. anybody have any clue what could cause this?

tri again
04-14-2010, 12:30 AM
is wot wide open throttle?

200 es like an 84?

lets see if the cable stretched it wouldn't open the throttle, right?

if it got melted a little it might stick in some funny position.

a little kink could make it stick too, ya know, drop a wrench on it
or
...it could be one of those comPLETE coincidences where , say the return spring decided to commit suicide just around the time you got your new exhaust...NO connection whatsoever

twitch101
04-14-2010, 12:42 AM
yea its an 84. well im entirely unsure as i just took out the needle and afterwards the throttle had a lot of play in it and for some reason it stays at wide open throttle

tri again
04-14-2010, 01:41 AM
yea its an 84. well im entirely unsure as i just took out the needle and afterwards the throttle had a lot of play in it and for some reason it stays at wide open throttle

I've done that before.

the throttle slide likes to go in ONE way so that the idle screw has a place to hit the angled 'ramp' cut out on the cylindrical throttle slide

but it will go in the non right way too FULL SCREAM!!!!!!!!

just loosen the throttle cable cap, let it relax out and rotate the cylinder that goes into the carb a little at a time and it will fall into place and feel perfect.

or..
you can pull it out and look at it and see what I mean.

the throttle adjustment screw simply hits an inclined plane sorta spot so it raises the throttle cyl when you screw it in

guesstiate lining it up and it may fall in perfectly.

I usually oil them and rotate till the find their home and simply fall in

it'll be real obvious when you find the right place

twitch101
04-14-2010, 01:43 AM
i remember seeing something like that on the cylinder. i ran out of light tonight but ill look at it again in the morning. i didnt realize the screw just sits in the ramped notch there. ill check it out. thanks alot man.