PDA

View Full Version : Stubborn ATC70

billiam
04-13-2010, 03:15 PM
Hey fellas, Well I got the 70 out over the weekend for the 1st time in months and well its being stubborn. I got it started and I let it idle for a few minutes but as I went to give her sum throttle she shut down It started a few times after that but wont accept any throttle. I'm not sure if the plug is any good so I picked up a new one but haven't put it in yet cuz I'm waiting on a recoil spring that broke in the process of trying to get it running, or would a bad plug even cause such a thing. I just put a new carb on it last summer so I'm kinda lost on what it could be other than the screws on it aren't adjusted rite.. Anyone have a fix???

atc350xer
04-13-2010, 03:19 PM
Do you have a fuel filter? Could be a chunk of dirt or rust in the jets... or it could be electrical. I don't know if a CDI works anything like points, but my points 90 would bog every time I gave it gas until I got the points set right. It would idle, but as soon as I gave it gas it died.

billiam
04-13-2010, 03:26 PM
I did have sum rust in my tank so it may have gotten a piece of something in there but i did just clean the tank hoping to get rid of some of it so I may have to take the carb off n give it a fresh cleaning. and no I don't have a line filter but that sounds like a good idea seems like alot of people do that so in must be a good thing!

atc350xer
04-13-2010, 03:31 PM
Definitely... clean the carb real good and use a filter! Actually, on the 70, you'll need 2 filters. Lawn tractor ones work if you're desperate...

jb2wheels
04-13-2010, 04:37 PM
If it's been sitting for months, it has bad gas in the tank and varnish in the carb. Time to drain one and clean the other then run some fresh gas in it.
I say this assuming you did not drain the tank and carb when parked last.

billiam
04-14-2010, 08:12 AM
Well I did drain the gas tank because I knew I wanted to clean it before I got it back out so it does have fresh gas but it looks like I'm gonna have to clean the carb for sure