PDA

View Full Version : what options for oil do i have- 86' 350X

QCR77
04-11-2010, 05:54 PM
i have been running the same valvoline 4 stroke motorcycle motor oil with the wet clutch additives. this is the same oil i would run in my 110 and 200es. my question is basically, what should i NOT run. can i run a 50 weight fully synthetic? do i need the additives for a wet clutch? im trying to find the best oil to stick with. it has to be affordable though, cause i change it alot. i like the idea of a fully synthetic if i can get away with it. what do ya'll run?

QCR77
04-11-2010, 06:47 PM
i been digging around the internets and i have read to only use motorcycle oil and ive also read about people that use regular motor oil. also some use deisel oil? i just need to change it today so i thought i'd ask before i went to the parts store

SWIGIN
04-11-2010, 06:51 PM
I only run valvoline vr-1 racing oil 20-50

This is one of the few oils Harley recomends in it's bikes.

QCR77
04-11-2010, 06:55 PM
I only run valvoline vr-1 racing oil 20-50

This is one of the few oils Harley recomends in it's bikes.

ok thanks. thats regular motor oil right?

Vealmonkey
04-11-2010, 07:41 PM
I try to run oil made for bikes. I don't like the synthetic oils. If you change oil alot, I think the cheaper motorcycle oils would be good for you. I also like the 20w50 or straight 30 weights. Clean oil and clean oil screens and filters beat fancy oils any day in my book.

QCR77
04-11-2010, 08:53 PM
I try to run oil made for bikes. I don't like the synthetic oils. If you change oil alot, I think the cheaper motorcycle oils would be good for you. I also like the 20w50 or straight 30 weights. Clean oil and clean oil screens and filters beat fancy oils any day in my book.

yeah, thats what i figured. just thought i would ask. i ended up at a different parts store than usual and they had a different kind than my normal so i grabbed it. castrol 4t . seems to run good