PDA

View Full Version : 1985 200m idle good but when u give rev it it bogs and spits sputters help plz

200xtrike_rider
04-10-2010, 10:41 PM
ok it idles good but when u go to rev it orr give it gas to go it starts going but spits and sputters and if i put half choke it runs with out spiting but lacks powwer any help plz this is my 2cd 85 200m and they both did the same thing thanx

tri again
04-12-2010, 12:10 AM
some of the 85 models had a cold start issue, factory recall.

cold jet was too small, honda discontinued the kits but shindy has them part 03 0015 and it HAS the cold start press in jet.

I got the kit but will prob just drillout the old one since I know what it looks like now.

gotta pull it out first to drill it as I understand

now does it run perfectly when warm?

3 or die
04-12-2010, 03:01 AM
Sounds like main jet issue.

tri again
04-12-2010, 04:30 AM
ok it idles good but when u go to rev it orr give it gas to go it starts going but spits and sputters and if i put half choke it runs with out spiting but lacks powwer any help plz this is my 2cd 85 200m and they both did the same thing thanx

is this the same one that had a spark problem?

Under one of the screw in jets is anOTHER brass tube like an inch long.
I missed that one my first time thru but it will pull out with a toothpick and it's usually rustycruddy even when everything else looks clean.

Check out the picture posted of the 86 carb today too

the 3rd jet from the left looks like theres a tube down inside there, unless I'm seeing things, that's the one.