PDA

View Full Version : Hardtail Chain Adjust Problems

Solid Snake
04-10-2010, 08:59 PM
Hey everyone, it's been a while since I posted here. I have a 200m that I recently bought a new chain and sprockets for. I have the exact right length of chain, but it is WAYYYYYY too tight. I bought a chain half-link at the hardware store, and now it is WAYYYYY too loose even when adjusted to the tightest.

Is there a slight length difference between o-ring and non o-ring chains? I wouldn't think there is. The 200m calls for an o-ring chain but I bought a nice regular non o-ring one. This is really frustrating. I thought I could put the half-link on, ride it for a week or two and let it stretch, then remove it and install the chain like regular. Nope. Didn't work.

If anyone is familiar with 200m/s then you know the chain adjust range is very very small. Any suggestions? Thanks.

mtsnieg
04-10-2010, 09:42 PM
I had the same problem at first when I replaced both sprockets and chain on my atc200. Ended up the axl carrier wouldn't pivot foreward enough because of some rust and grime. After I got it all cleaned up and moving nice and freely the new chain went on easy with all kinds a adjustment room.

trikes4life
04-11-2010, 02:21 AM
mtsneig is right, had the same problem on my 83 200. I cleaned the rust up and had plenty of room.

Solid Snake
04-12-2010, 11:44 AM
Thanks guys, I'll have to check that out then. Looks like a good cleaning and wire brush time is in order.