PDA

View Full Version : westcoast, calfab, or neither for rider

sportvette
04-10-2010, 01:06 PM
folks...just getting back into my trikes...and i have two 86 tecates to build. i scooped up some hard to find parts a few years back. just wondering what is the opinion on the forum though. if you built one as a rider and one as a looker which aftermarket swingarm would you put on each? I have a westcoast and a calfab which are both +2". it seems as though the calfabs are pretty plentiful. not that its easy to acquire one but a good amount of people on the forums have them. i didnt think that was true for the westcoast swingarm for the tecate. westcoast swingarms seem to be more around for the hondas. anyway - what do you think? or are these pieces too rare to even risk riding with. use a stock swingarm to ride with only?

tecat-z
04-10-2010, 01:26 PM
Use them and enjoy the jealous stares they will bring. Plus, kowing you have an original race part riding under you just makes you cooler than everyone else.........I love running my vintage parts. Remember, if ya got it, use it and enjoy! (there are a few, VERY rare exceptions)