PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on the rear bearings on a 1982 ATC 110

tundrawolf
04-10-2010, 12:12 AM
So I am cleaning/greasing the front wheel bearings because I am changing my front tire (THANK YOU Cattle-Dog!!!) and they are in awful shape. Caked with rust on one side, and filled with 28 year old grease on the other. I have cleaned them and gotten them very click again with surprisingly little play.

So it got me wondering about the rear bearings. I have the PDF manual that covers the 70-125. But, if I had one exploded diagram for the rear end assembly it would be such a big help to me. Are the bearings in the rear sealed?

tundrawolf
04-10-2010, 10:38 PM
These people have microfiche and parts for the ATC-110: http://www.cmsnl.com/honda-atc110-81-us_model7165/partslist/

So I got the axle out, and was ale to inspect the bearings by feel, and they are both perfect even though both seals are totally shot. How do I get the hub out of there?

By the way, I had to re-use the Oring. I used brake cleaner and a clean rag and cleaned where the oring sits, as well as the oring itself, and then applied some rtv silicone to both sides and the oring. If it won't handle 2 PSI something is wrong!

I also had a struggle with the open bearings. One side had old grease, the other caked with rust. I ended up using engine degreaser to clean them, then soaked them in evapo-rust overnight. I used full blast faucet water to clean them and they are both in remarkable condition. I packed with green grease, and cleaned and reinserted the dust seals.