PDA

View Full Version : Quick Carb Question on 200es!

puggerton03
04-09-2010, 11:10 AM
On my 84 200es. The secondary jet, the one behind the main jet in the float area, Is it supposed to be straight through? Mine is blocked.

twitch101
04-09-2010, 11:27 AM
i dont know much but im assuming any jet should be able to have a liquid pass through it

puggerton03
04-09-2010, 11:35 AM
im hoping it needs to be straight through. so i can unclog it and hopefully that fixes the way its running. i took a needle and tried to poke it through but the needle bent so if it is supposed to be through i dont know whats in there.

puggerton03
04-09-2010, 02:20 PM
bump, anybody know?

Mr_RPM
04-09-2010, 02:32 PM
every jet i have seen is strait threw. soak it in carb cleaner over night and then try to blow compressed air threw it, if that doesnt do it then buy a new one, should be like 3 bucks.

ailll1
04-09-2010, 05:49 PM
are you able to remove it with a flathead screwdriver?or is it seized?
if you can get it out, do as Mr RPM said

Grizzlypeg
04-09-2010, 06:04 PM
There should be diagrams available for the various carburetors, showing the fluid passages. I would see if fluid or air can pass through it, and see if you can find a diagram. Anything's possible, it might be straight through, or it might go into a short passage that is drilled and goes sideways. How far can you push something into it? I usually use soft copper wire to avoid damaging anything with something hard like a needle.

puggerton03
04-09-2010, 10:28 PM
well i took the smallest drill bit i could find and drilled through it and now it wont start. im probably going to buy a knock-off carb off ebay, same price for a rebuild kit as a whole new carb so might as well get the carb.

Mr_RPM
04-09-2010, 11:35 PM
well i took the smallest drill bit i could find and drilled through it and now it wont start. im probably going to buy a knock-off carb off ebay, same price for a rebuild kit as a whole new carb so might as well get the carb.

the first idea, wow why
and those knock offs are junks half the time and need tuning before they work right (wrong jets and stuff) and if your resorting to drilling jets before cleaning properly or even replacing then maybe its not the way to go. course rebuilding a carb is just as hard. good luck either way. carb problems are never fun
we are here to help with your journey