PDA

View Full Version : 225DX pops on de-accell...air/fuel screw in or out?

unclejemima
04-09-2010, 12:42 AM
My 225DX pops on de-accell really bad. Right now I have the carb air/fuel screw set at 1.5 turns out (factory spec)
Would I turn the fuel mixture screw in or out to help get rid of this?
Does turning the fuel mixture screw in make the mixture rich or leaner?
Thanks!

unclejemima
04-09-2010, 02:04 PM
Anyone? I thought this would be a common thing. From what I've been told, because the pop on de-accel is when the carb is in the idle circut, adjusting the air/fuel might help. I just need to know if turning the air fuel screw in makes it rich or lean'er.
Thanks!

Dirtcrasher
04-09-2010, 02:17 PM
Is it in the front portion (towards the inlet) or the air box?

If it's in the front portion, I would turn it out 1/4 to 1/2 turn more. Your screw or oring could be damaged in there.......

Don't ever be afraid to try EITHER way, 1/4 turn increments either in or out.

Sometimes you learn more that way rather than waiting on 5000 members of 3WW to have different opinions :beer

If it's under the carb and in front of the bowl, I have thin tiny washers I use or I have a few cotter pins I ground down to fit, then bent a rt. angle on them.

Vealmonkey
04-09-2010, 02:35 PM
I've also noted several times of trikes popping on decel, that the exhaust gasket will on occasion be sucking air through it and causing the lean condition, so you may want to check youir exhaust gasket or anywhere air could be sucked back into your exhaust as well.

unclejemima
04-09-2010, 06:14 PM
Your screw or oring could be damaged in there...
I looked on the parts diagram, and there shows the air/fuel screw, the spring, and 2 orings. Mine only had a small metal washer, and no oring. What is supposed to be there and does it make a difference? (see pic below)

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn123/cornflakejoe/carbairfuel.jpg

Don't ever be afraid to try EITHER way, 1/4 turn increments either in or out.
Ok.

I've also noted several times of trikes popping on decel, that the exhaust gasket will on occasion be sucking air through it and causing the lean condition, so you may want to check youir exhaust gasket or anywhere air could be sucked back into your exhaust as well.

Good to know. I just put a new exhaust gasket on and its super quiet with no sound of leaking anywhere (you can usually hear if there is a leak at the gasket) but I will double check.

Thanks to everyone else as well. I will try turning it out.

Dirtcrasher
04-09-2010, 09:05 PM
The O-ring flattens out and gets stuck in the carb body, take a look up in there.........

One O-ring is usually to keep dirt from getting in there and the other is the seal in the carb body.