PDA

View Full Version : got the X out and running now i have questions

probed_out
04-08-2010, 11:49 PM
hey everyone Ive not been here a lot but anyways i got my 200x out last week (first kick with the choke on and she was alive:naughty:) and Ive got a few questions

what do you guys do about blown front shocks mine bottoms right out the second i get on it
whats the best stuff to lube an o-ring chain
why do people alway tell me I'm going to roll and die this thing is safer than any 4 wheeled machine as long as you shift your weight and punch it lol

thanks in advance

RapidRick
04-09-2010, 01:24 AM
1. Rebuild the shocks with new seals and oil or get new ones. they shouldn't bottom out unless you're 450 lbs.
2. I run them dry. Some lubes will deteriorate the o-ring seals
3. Because they don't know not to put their feet down, and they are way more fun than riding a couch.

Grizzlypeg
04-09-2010, 10:26 AM
Take the caps off your front shocks and make sure you have the proper set of springs in there. On an 84, there are two springs. A long spring, a washer sitting on top, then a short spring around 4" long (sorry, just estimating). Also, you can check the repair manual to get the static spring length to make sure they aren't too short. When you sit on the machine, its not the shocks holding you up (not unless charged with air), but the springs. If its really riding low, I'd check out that no one has messed with the springs.

After that, yes, rebuild the shocks. New seals and fresh lube will work wonders, but the shock part of the forks doesn't hold you up, its the springs. The shock portion comes into play during movement.

oldskool83
04-09-2010, 10:39 AM
you might not have any oil left in them, mine sag almost 2" with out me on it, mine need redone bad....after the other bikes are done thought.

they are fun, i never fliped a trike, i fliped quads before. i really like how you can slid them, its so fun! i would of really enjoyed the flat track trike days, not a fan of jumping them or quads but i like sliding them sideways

atctim
04-09-2010, 10:40 AM
what do you guys do about blown front shocks mine bottoms right out the second i get on it
Sounds like you need new springs in them and a rebuild with new oil and seals - they are prolly very worn out.
whats the best stuff to lube an o-ring chain
You should not have to lube an O-ring chain, but rather keep it clean and rust free. I always use a tire brush on mine to clean it good then shoot it down with WD-40 to keep the rust of it.
why do people alway tell me I'm going to roll and die this thing is safer than any 4 wheeled machine as long as you shift your weight and punch it lol
People tell you this because they know nothing about 3 wheelers - only what they have been told by the media and the CPSC and the rampant rumors that trikes brutally murder babies and rape full grown men! People these days are severely ignorant and believe anything you tell them. Next time somebody makes a ignorant comment about your 3 wheeler - tell them that they are highly illegal and you are not even allowed to be in possession of it - but you do because you are a bad arse!

thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

oldskool83
04-09-2010, 12:02 PM
I'd off to let them ride it, show then 1st, explain 2nd, see if they like it. did this to a friend and he think they are cool now

Mr_RPM
04-09-2010, 12:31 PM
I'd off to let them ride it, show then 1st, explain 2nd, see if they like it. did this to a friend and he think they are cool now
i ride with a group of guys who were all afraid of the little 110, i got them to ride it and realize the fun and the lack of "extreme" danger. lol now i have them all in love with it and helping to stop the hate on trikes. one of them even bought a 250sx last week. ill post pics soon.

probed_out
04-10-2010, 12:01 AM
thanks for the advice everyone i just used some special o-ring chain lube it seems to work

oh and i should have said my forks are leaking oil so i think i will rebuild them so where i can find all new seals and such? sorry for all the questions

i would also like to say i grew up on a atc 70 and i fliped it a few times but i never got real hurt but i learned fast