PDA

View Full Version : 250r aircleaners

cattle-dog
04-08-2010, 11:39 PM
what aircleaner do you guys use on your trikes?

chuk85
04-08-2010, 11:41 PM
i got a uni on mne

chuk85
04-08-2010, 11:43 PM
i got a uni on mine

350xRules
04-09-2010, 12:23 AM
I also like Uni's. Its close to the stock foam filters that came with the bikes. They are also reasonably priced, usually $20-30 or so, and you can get them for almost every bike at most bike shops. A lot of people still swear by the K&N stuff, I personally dont like them much. I have had a few bikes that I have bought over the years that the previouse owners had run K&N's on and the inside of the motors have been pretty poor shape. They do flow more air, but truithfully its at the cost of their filtering capability. They just cannot filter out the small particles that the stock and other foam type filters can. K&N infact reccomends that you use a foam pre filter that they sell if you plan on riding in dirty or dusty conditions. So far, I have not seen them provide any flow rating figures with their filters using the foam pre filter, only ratings without using the pre filter. Most likely becuase the flow is equal to or less then that of a stock filter. If you ride your machine normally, and use good oils and fuel, the biggest engine killer would be a dirty or poorly filtering air filter. All that stuff gets directly into the cylinder and then you need to redo the top end. If your a racer with a factory sponcer or unlimited budget, and you rebuild your bike every other race anyway, then the K&N's are great. Unfortunetaly for most of us thats not the case. With these older 3 wheelers and their parts getting harder and harder to find, I like to protect my engines and get the longest life I can out of them.

chuk85
04-09-2010, 12:45 AM
that is very true! k&n's do flow a bunch but its cuz they dont filter

Racerguy381
04-09-2010, 05:56 AM
K&N's do work... On the street... I prefer a UNI or Twin air for all my bikes and trikes.