PDA

View Full Version : westcoast swinger????

miajosh
04-08-2010, 09:40 PM
ok so im getting a westcoast swinger for a reall good price. but im not sure the year its for.is there a differance from the 83-85 and the 86-87? do theyhttp://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p20/joshua238/untitled1.jpg bolt up different ext.??

Dirtcrasher
04-08-2010, 10:14 PM
One has a carrier, one does not.

The 86/87 Westcoast was either never made or very few were so it would be very rare; I'll take it off your hands if it's an 86/87 200X Westcoast :D I call dibs...........

The back will have a tube diameter similar to your stock one if it's 83-85, or about 1" larger if it's for the 2nd gen. X........

It could be for a different year/model altogether? who knows.......

Grizzlypeg
04-08-2010, 10:24 PM
Do you have to put on an extended brake hose?

miajosh
04-08-2010, 10:27 PM
Do you have to put on an extended brake hose?

no u turn the hose on the master cyl. aim it back and it should reach

miajosh
04-08-2010, 10:29 PM
One has a carrier, one does not.

The 86/87 Westcoast was either never made or very few were so it would be very rare; I'll take it off your hands if it's an 86/87 200X Westcoast :D I call dibs...........

The back will have a tube diameter similar to your stock one if it's 83-85, or about 1" larger if it's for the 2nd gen. X........

It could be for a different year/model altogether? who knows.......

i got a 86 so we might have to fight for it. lol whats gotta be done to make it fit the 86-87 if its 83-85? if its to much to make it worrk ill let u get it if u wanna trade for the 350x lights. lmfao :) i want them dan lights.

Grizzlypeg
04-08-2010, 10:35 PM
no u turn the hose on the master cyl. aim it back and it should reach

How much longer is this swingarm over stock?

How do you order a new chain, by # of links?

miajosh
04-08-2010, 10:50 PM
not sure the guy gave me a messurement and i gotta compair it to my stock one. but ill keep u posted

Dirtcrasher
04-08-2010, 10:55 PM
How do we know what reaches when we don't know how long it's extended?? Getting too far ahead of yourself.......

I'd get myself a longer nice new SS braided hose anyhow....

The 83-85 adjusts the chain at the frame. The 86/87 has an offset carrier you rotate to adjust the chain.

The shocks are different, mounting, geometry, lower link - everything.

It could be done but one is made for one and one for another.

Where's the pic?? That would answer this real fast :D

miajosh
04-08-2010, 11:02 PM
How do we know what reaches when we don't know how long it's extended?? Getting too far ahead of yourself.......

I'd get myself a longer nice new SS braided hose anyhow....

The 83-85 adjusts the chain at the frame. The 86/87 has an offset carrier you rotate to adjust the chain.

The shocks are different, mounting, geometry, lower link - everything.

It could be done but one is made for one and one for another.

Where's the pic?? That would answer this real fast :D

trailprotrailpro a sec ahead of me thats all i got for now. eather way ima get it cuz of its worth someday someone is gonna die for it. lol ive got rare ass civic parts that everyone want and unless they got $$$$$$$ its not happing lol