PDA

View Full Version : Hi/LO delete?

TrailerRider
04-07-2010, 07:47 PM
I have an 1985 110 with hi/lo. It slips out of High/Low. Clutches are fine but suspect gear issues in the high/low gear box. Hypothetical question, can the h/l gear be eliminated? so it would be just like a normal semi auto clutch bike? I swear I read on here that someone did that.

Possible?

shortline10
04-07-2010, 08:05 PM
would be easier to just fix the Hi/low set up . In order to eliminate the hi/low set up you would have to install an sl90 tranny shaft and sprocket which would require you to split the cases ,big job.

Dirtcrasher
04-07-2010, 08:15 PM
I thought so too...... Got any pics of the setup so I can get my thinking gears turning??

Walkerallen
04-07-2010, 08:27 PM
i have the whole hi/low gear box and cover i would sell it for $30.00+shipping

Pafrig
04-08-2010, 01:24 AM
wouldnt it be easier to make something that holds the hi-lo lever in place? you would get a consistent amount of wear on the shifter fork, but you dont know if it will work untill you try. regardless, definatly try fixing the problem first. does it pop out imidiatly, or does it take a while? oh oh oh better yet. Does the hi-lo lever have a distinct "click"? or does it slide around alot? im thinking the spring loaded ball that keeps the shifter fork located in the two specific positions on the shaft that it slides on is gone. take out the assembly, and try to slide the shifter fork along its shaft. if it dosent seem to catch somewhere around the two grooves in the shaft, you are missing some parts.

Pafrig
04-08-2010, 01:27 AM
this link goes to a parts fische on dgy motorsports.com. parts 10, 11, 12, and 23 are the parts im refering to. specifically 10, (spring) and 23 (ball)