PDA

View Full Version : haggard 86 200x

haggard 2hundie
04-06-2010, 07:36 PM
so i got my coil and spark but still wont start think its a fuel problem, float maybe ?

Thorpe
04-06-2010, 07:41 PM
maybe.....

haggard 2hundie
04-06-2010, 08:20 PM
gas doesnt seem to be going into the carb it just runs back out of the carb where the fuel line connects the tank and carb, i am a noobie so bear with me here but imhave the air box and filter element removed, will it start w out the air filter on?

cox
04-06-2010, 08:24 PM
ya man just make sure the carb wont suck anything in....

Seriously

bonkers_200s
04-06-2010, 08:58 PM
Put gas right into the carb and kick. If it fires up, you have a fuel issue. If its running right of the fuel line, is the hose broken? The get stiff and brittle after the years.

Or is it running out the bottom of the bowl?

BigO
04-06-2010, 08:59 PM
is the petcock open

harryredtrike
04-06-2010, 09:23 PM
spark,fuel,and timing are the ingredients in this pie

haggard 2hundie
04-06-2010, 10:42 PM
pet cock is open bowl is good acts clogged going into carb,? maybe out of time,. then the bike ran great one day then nothing the next then sat for a year w gas in it... hind sight is 20 20 huh so how much fuel should i put directly in carb. thanks for all the help guys i love to ride and have been riding since 1987 just was a spoiled kid i guess with a live in mechanic, (dad) now its time to be my own mechanic

Dirtcrasher
04-06-2010, 11:04 PM
Pretend your the fuel and just follow the flow, you'll find plenty of things to take apart, blow out and clean.

You have to clean the carb spotless - however you choose, boil it, dunk it - whatever...... Every jet and piece has to come out when cleaning it thoroughly.

Then, if you have a metal tank (or even plastic) run an inline clear fuel filter.

At that point, use a new plug and fresh gas and adjust the valves and all should be well!

Running no air filter, or even a dry filter without being oiled, creates a lean condition and it's impossible to diagnose whats up until you replace it. So, remove the mice and there turds and get a new air filter at your dealer or on EBAY, about 25$ shipped any way you slice it :D

matt86200x
04-07-2010, 01:27 AM
speaking of air filters DC, i have a uni for my sx still in the bag, what oil should i use on the filter

Erics350x
04-07-2010, 07:48 AM
Pull the spark plug, plug it in to the wire and lay it on the head. Now kick it over and look for a spark on the end of the plug. If you have spark, take the crab apart, remove both jet and the float needle and clean them and where they go very well.

haggard 2hundie
04-07-2010, 07:04 PM
thanks alot guys , any recomendations on filter moose k n uni why r the k&n so much more dineros? last longer and dirt crasher is right on my poor 2 hundie sat for a yr and the mice ate the trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro out of the filter and the element is pretty rusty how much for a new set up?

Dirtcrasher
04-07-2010, 08:23 PM
Personally, I use the spray on oil filter oil; It is BY FAR the least messiest....

The K and N lasts pretty much forever and there is allot more into manufacturing them versus a foam filter.

I hat that they want you use THERE cleaning and oiling kit. I clean mine with gas and use the spray on oil. I think an "outerwear" cover helps too especially in dusty conditions.

I am perfectly happy with UNI's. My only issue is that if the neck of the ABox and the filter inside are not dry and with NO OILY RESIDUE that you can watch it back of while your tightening the clamp. Plenty of people find that they have fallen off..... Someday I will make up some aluminum "air box rings" that support that neck and give a "shoulder" to prevent the filter from collapsing the plastic tube and from backing out. They will go inside the tube snug and then use a shoulder to bump up against it and it will be a hair larger diameter wise where it protrudes...

I'll buy the aluminum, spend 2 hours making them and offer them for sale. At which point I will have them on all my AB's and my close buddies but most of 3WW seems to want improvements but doesn't like to open there wallets.

Just my thoughts guys..........................