PDA

View Full Version : 0-ring placement- 85' atc 125m

3wheelrider
04-05-2010, 10:27 AM
okay, need a little help. this topend was taken apart. (not by me) and put back somewhat-they apparently assumed new gaskets would make it stop smoking! (original piston)!-however they did almost nothing correct and had a ball with a hammer. anyway,- the o-rings were not all put back. this is my 1st 125m i rebuilt and i want to make sure i put these correctly myself. the manual is a little vague. just want to know if someone can clear this up. there are 4 o-rings used between cylinder and head? 2 regular o-rings and 2 thick ones with square edges not rounded. there is a groove for the thick- squared edged o-rings on the cylinder on top left and lower right studs. do you then stack the other 2 o-rings over those followed by the head gasket? is that how it goes? again- the pictures are not to clear neither is the info on this haynes manual. can someone help me please?

rdlsz24
04-05-2010, 12:40 PM
Does this help at all?

Rob

3wheelrider
04-05-2010, 05:15 PM
thanks- yeah thats better, but the size/appearance of the 4 o-rings/seals seem odd,- dont they? they dont resemble the vesrah ones. sorry,- but i dont want to screw up. i'm used to the 185/200s'... okay- the 2 squared edged o-rings-one goes in the groove in the cylinder (on the top left stud). and the othersquared edge o-ring goes ( on the bottom right stud)....-then the 2 thin rounded edge o-rings stacked- one on each of the same studs? -then the head gasket? sorry again but the appearance on the diagram worries me. and i do have the right gasket set.-thanks

miajosh
04-05-2010, 06:01 PM
i just put the top end back on my uncles 125m ans i didnt have to stack any o rings the vesrah set has one for every spae it need and thats it. my 0.02 if it helps any.

3wheelrider
04-07-2010, 11:23 AM
well let me ask this way...what are the 4 round objects in the diagram that "rdlsz 24" posted above? there are 2 on the top left stud and 2 on the bottom right stud-(before the headgasket). they appear stacked.

3wheelrider
04-08-2010, 10:04 AM
nobody?-come on. can someone clear this up for me please.

3wheelrider
04-12-2010, 03:11 PM
bump..........please- somebody.........there is 4 round little objects in the picture above (there are 2 on the top left stud and 2 on the right lower stud)
-(looking from the front of the motor).-between the cylinder and head. i'm not talking about the dowels on the other 2 studs either.

squirrel1182
04-12-2010, 10:01 PM
I just looked over the diagram 3 times and its confusing me. it looks like they get stacked but Ive never heard of that being done.Try and call your local dealer and ask them, see if there kind enough to help you out.