PDA

View Full Version : Widen 200s rear axle/tire distance? And rack compatibility.

TheRealFatShady
04-02-2010, 09:20 PM
I just picked up another 200s today because the frame was in much better shape than my old one, and it had a cobra exhaust and good tires. ($75, seized engine though)

Now, looking at my old frame, I think I want to cut it up and use the entire rear end for my cheaply-constructed tilt trailer. I want to make something to pull my rowboat to the lake with, being towed by the complete 200s.

If I use the rear axle and tires, I'd just need some wood for the body and floor of trailer, then connect the axle and then the hitch attachment up front. However, I'd like to widen the rear axle, or make the tires further apart.

Are there wheel spacers for this? Think I will even need them?
I kind of wish I used an X frame so it could have suspension for when I pull it through the woods, but if the three wheeler itself doesn't have suspension, the trailer won't need it either.

Also, what other racks will fit the 200s, both front and back? Maybe off an 81-83 200? And would replacement fenders off eBay get in the way of racks? Some people have said aftermarket fenders don't fit too well.

Thanks