PDA

View Full Version : front wheel/hub alignment for LQ250R with air 250r hub/wheel

SYKO
03-31-2010, 08:19 PM
Ok this may sound strange, and well whatever. For whatever reason I wanted to use the 2nd gen 250R front hub/wheel assy on my Liquid R front end, why? well just becouse I like the bigger hub/smaller inside wheel diameter etc etc etc.... any way. I didnt think there was a difference in the widths of everything between years only the patterns of lug patterns. Its a little hard to tell from the photos wich I will be updating with better pics tomorow, but the wheel sits more towards the right side of the bike and has a larger clearence gap to te left, the disc is slightly tilted to run through the caliper witch is easialy fixable, but what am I going to do to center it? I have the liquid 250R axle colars on it and front axle is the hub actualy that much off? are my dreams of having big hubed small 11 wheel liquid R dashed?!! come on homies help the SYKO out!!

to the right to the right......lol

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/southgacustoms/atv%20parts/p_00674.jpg

need a V8?

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/southgacustoms/atv%20parts/p_00675.jpg

they see me rollin.....they hatin......

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/southgacustoms/atv%20parts/p_00676.jpg

:rolleyes:

HondaHarry
03-31-2010, 08:23 PM
Probably going to have to space the rotor out towards the caliper after you center the wheel, or space the caliper in towards the wheel. Either way would work. HH

SYKO
03-31-2010, 09:01 PM
well harry thats the easy part, but im mainly talking about the whole wheel! the axle hub and wheel assy are tight and there is a huge gap on the left as compared to the right, catch my drift now? the brake issue is minor and I can figure that out no prob.

Thorpe
03-31-2010, 09:08 PM
Can you mill the hub down slightly??

DixiePlowboy
03-31-2010, 09:14 PM
I'm thinking grind/modify either the caliper at the mounting holes and/or the caliper mounts on the fork to match two new different length front axle spacer/collars that bring the front hub toward the center.

Maybe?

Close?

SYKO
03-31-2010, 09:23 PM
well if I mill the hub on the wheel mounting side...YES it will move the center over more but im about 3/4 inch off... If I mill that much.. there isnt any hub left lol. so... im thinking drastic measures!! lol

SYKO
03-31-2010, 10:31 PM
well hasnt anyone else tried this? I know it may not be common, but besides the obvious bolt pattern differences between hubs I thought the spacing and centering of the hub/wheel on the hondas where the same?

Thorpe
03-31-2010, 10:36 PM
Can you put the wheel on the wrong way? Flipping the dish the other way. and center with a spacer? (I am not familiar with the particular setup...)

SYKO
03-31-2010, 10:51 PM
no the wheel is on correct its a centered wheel

Thorpe
03-31-2010, 10:56 PM
I got nothing...

MyMistress86R
04-01-2010, 10:51 AM
I'm thinking grind/modify either the caliper at the mounting holes and/or the caliper mounts on the fork to match two new different length front axle spacer/collars that bring the front hub toward the center.

I was kinda thinking along these lines too. Can you cut down the axle collar on the rotor side and add spacer to the other side? Then do your obvious caliper relocation? You are prolly gonna want to look for countersunk head bolts for the rotor in any event for more clearance to the fork. There doesn't look to be much room there as it is.

Dirtcrasher
04-01-2010, 12:17 PM
Actually, allot of the hubs are just a little different.

DEEPA and I spent a couple hours looking at the 200X, 250R and 350X and any other hubs I had.......... Every one had a small difference in distance to the rotor etc etc.

IDK what hub I have on my 200X, but it isn't the correct one because I had to make my own spacers on the lathe to center it, then use 10mm spacers on the caliper to center it on the rotor.

I had already PC'd it, so I was USING IT!!

Before the lathe ran, I used 3/8th or so black pipe to add to one side and ground down the other. The black pipe was opposite the seal so it wasn't issue. Did the trick...........

SYKO
04-01-2010, 12:21 PM
well im going to start modding sleeves and stuff, this hub is just a mock up hub I have a chrome hub I plan on using when I get the resto fo the parts together... any more ideas will great be appreciated!