PDA

View Full Version : ATC 90 carb rebuild problem

atc350xer
03-30-2010, 09:53 AM
Ok, I followed the directions, and ALMOST successfully did my first rebuild... the problem is, the pin that holds the floats in appears to be peened over on the ends. It is not that way in the manual. The main reason for this rebuild was because of what I thought was a bad needle valve(dumping gas out the overflow). So how do I remove the floats to access this valve and put the new one in????

3wheelmecca
03-30-2010, 10:05 AM
usually I try to file the end flat and flush with the bosses for the pin. Those peens are not factory like you said. Try that or drill out the pin provided you can and have another with your kit. Is it a K&L rebuild kit???

atc350xer
03-30-2010, 10:17 AM
no, it's an ebay kit... no new pin :(

atc350xer
03-30-2010, 11:19 AM
Thanks for the advice... I drilled it a little, just enough to get it out, and I was able to re-use it :)

shadslayer
03-30-2010, 12:25 PM
mecca, I just got done rebuilding my first one as well today (a bit nerve racking isn't it?). let me know how adjusting the little guy works when you get it back in. My air filter is shot and i'm gonna have to order one before I get mine back together and running. good luck on your project.