PDA

View Full Version : 250ES tire options?

3 on the Tree
03-30-2010, 01:09 AM
So I have an '86 Big Red that I just added to my collection not long ago and it's about due for some tires. The problem I'm having is that I cannot seem to find more than 2 or 3 different tires that will fit the stock 9" rims on this thing.

The same 2 or 3 I seem to find are more of all terrain style and not as aggressive as I'd like. I do a lot of forest trail riding that usually involves going through a lot of deep soupy mud and I don't think an all terrain would cut it.

I'm just trying to find some 25" x 12" x 9"; maybe some 26" or 27" if I get real lucky. What do you guys chose and what are my options? Also, where could I buy said tires?

dajeepman
03-30-2010, 01:36 AM
check ITP mudlite AT they come in the stock tire size.. and you can get them around 65$ each.

3 on the Tree
03-30-2010, 01:46 AM
Thanks jeepman. You know, I wish I would have searched a bit more before I asked this question. I was browsing on another page on the forum and I saw someone talking about Dennis Kirk, which I've never heard of. Now I feel like a boob :lol:

That site has maybe 15 different 25"x 12" x 9" tires to choose from; some are pretty beefy! I seem to favor 4 of them:

-Kenda Bear Claw
-ITP Mud Lite AT (as you recommended)
-AMS Swamp Fox
-GBC Dirt Devil II

Are any of these recommended over the other, or they all pretty much the same?

skiffy
03-30-2010, 06:29 PM
the interco vampire is going to be the most agressive in a 25x13.50x9

http://www.4atvtires.com/tireSearch.php