PDA

View Full Version : 85' tecate 250 no start

dp92
03-29-2010, 12:11 PM
i let my tecate warm up for a few minutes, i went out and rode it a little bit, not being hard on it, but i went to do a wheelie and it bogged down and died. Now it wont start at all when i kick it over. I tapped the side of the carb and maybe the float was just stuck and flooding itself out. I did that but that didnt make a difference. Any help would be great, thanks

Yamaha_Rules69
03-29-2010, 12:44 PM
Is it getting spark? If you shoot a little starting fluid in the spark plug hole it should start for a couple seconds. If it has spark, and starts only with the starting fluid, you have a fuel related problem. Have you tried a new plug yet? It could just be fouled out. Good luck!

ryanclarke83
03-29-2010, 09:03 PM
check that the spark plug wire is intact... the tecate vibrates like crazy and mine has come off in the middle of a full throttle run..... check for spark... if it isnt that, id take the carb off and pull it apart and make sure it nothing is plugged up.. good luck!

scooterroo
03-29-2010, 11:03 PM
check for spark first, most common issue is them damn stock stators and flywheels. if you have spark check your carb, and carb boot. make sure theres no cracks or anything in the boot. do you have a fuel filter in the gas line? check that if so, could be gunked up.

3wheelmecca
03-29-2010, 11:08 PM
almost sounds like too much choke. My KX 500 did that, and i ended up changing the carb out to a PE type.

dp92
03-31-2010, 09:44 PM
ya i got it figured out....wasnt thinking at all, about an hour after i posted this i went out and checked to see if i had just fouled the plug, that was my problem haha but thanks for the help.