PDA

View Full Version : Red rattlecan paint for frame?

Grizzlypeg
03-26-2010, 12:02 PM
What is a good color match in a red spray bomb for touching up or redoing the frame? Is there a red rattlecan paint that holds up to use?

oldskool83
03-26-2010, 12:06 PM
enamel if you wanna do this, but strip you frame to the bare metal or have it sandblasted, then it will hold for years.

rdlsz24
03-26-2010, 12:13 PM
Sunrise Red by Rustoleum is a pretty good match for the Honda red.

Rob

atc350xer
03-26-2010, 04:52 PM
My favorite, and it holds up well, is "Plasti Kote Super Enamel - Swift Red" but the only place I found it was at CarQuest Auto Parts and mine closed down :(

big specht
03-27-2010, 06:21 PM
We have used massey ferguson red it seemed to match the best for us

Grizzlypeg
03-28-2010, 01:21 AM
Anyone ever brush it onto the frame I wonder?

johnspee5
03-28-2010, 05:46 AM
I would suggest going to the local automotive refinishing supplier and asking for a rattlecan to be filled with automotive paint. It will be a little bit more expensive but you will be glad you did it when its done. If you can you should use a spray gun and compressor so that you can put some hardener in with the color. There is a company called ALSAcorp that will fill spray cans up and they have a small amount of hardener built into the can that you release into the color right before you use it. I think they are around $40 per can. It is good advice from oldskool83 to have the frame completely stripped to bare metal first. If you have the luxury of a spray gun put two nice coats of 2 part epoxy primer on the bare metal. If you are stuck with the cans start with a self etching primer on the bare metal but be sure to at least spray some top coat sealer with a rattlecan on it before you spray the color. I have been painting collision repair autobody and custom jobs for 20 years I would be happy to give you any pointers I can if you should need them. Check out that ALSAcorp website, if for nothing else they have some of the wildest paints on the planet. Thats comin from a guy that lives next to the birthplace of Don Kosmoski's House of Kolor.