PDA

View Full Version : question =)

yamaha guy
03-25-2010, 07:54 PM
hey every one thanks for previous help, but this is where im at now i got my trike back and it runs like a dream and will go through all gears but when i try and go full throttle, at half throttle it starts to skip or sputter and wont go any faster, now ive been told carb but i was told by my buddy the carb if absolutely fine, so im not sure what to do now, now ANY help or ideas or input will be great guys.
thanks, cory.

yamaha guy
03-25-2010, 08:53 PM
any help??

ilmoakw
03-25-2010, 10:39 PM
Still sounds like carb issues to me...

Dirtcrasher
03-25-2010, 11:23 PM
Take out the jets, clean them, clean the carb and take out and clean the petcock. Make sure the gas cap is venting. BATTA BING BATTA BOOM!! Piece of cake..............

Cleaning carbbs doesn't mean the outside or leaving jets in. This ethanol kills us if the fuel is a couple months old.

yamaha guy
03-25-2010, 11:29 PM
the carb has been cleaned 3 times and soaked and every thing. im thinking its the cdi or coil or some thing

yamaha guy
03-25-2010, 11:30 PM
it only messes up when i go past half way on the throttle other then that its fine and it will idle fine

jb2wheels
03-26-2010, 01:09 AM
Who cleaned the carb? Did you clean it or did someone tell you it was cleaned?
Where did you get the trike back from?
Why was it gone?
How long was it gone?
Is the same gas in the tank? How old is it?
What was changed?
Who did the changing?
What's your trike?
How old is the plug?
How does the fuel screen/filter look?
How does your air filter look?
How does your air intake look?
How's the exhaust system?
If you checked the things Dirtcrasher said and they're all good, then change the CDI and or coil.