PDA

View Full Version : 200es cam and cam bearings wasted again!

crashcbr900rr
03-25-2010, 07:52 PM
A good friend of mine has an 84 big red that just wasted cam and cam bearings for the second time. I was ridding with him when it happened and the wheels locked as the motor ceased. From what he told me over the phone, the cam and bearings are blued and scored from excessive heat. I told him that it sounds like he is not getting enough oil up to the head on his motor. I know that he must be getting some oil up there because he has put about 100 hours on the motor since the last time this happened to him and do not believe it would have lasted that long with no oil. My thought is that there may be a blockage anywhere from the oil pump up to the head possibly in the oil gallery or the oil rotor. Does anyone know of a problem with these motors as far as poor head lubrication? Any suggestions?

atc500x
03-25-2010, 10:11 PM
Did he use only a gasket for the cylinder base? Very important......nothing other than a gasket....Many people have problem with it.Maybe the clutch cover gasket is broken,there is a oil gallery using the gasket.

jensenracing77
03-26-2010, 05:27 AM
Did he use only a gasket for the cylinder base? Very important......nothing other than a gasket....Many people have problem with it.Maybe the clutch cover gasket is broken,there is a oil gallery using the gasket.

X2, also is the oil pump good?