PDA

View Full Version : old kreem removal

ssrecords
03-25-2010, 12:11 AM
I put acetone in it and it sat for three days....its not coming off...is the MEK stronger than acetone?? Anybody had this problem where its not coming off??

ssrecords
03-26-2010, 08:42 PM
anyone??...........

dajeepman
03-26-2010, 08:53 PM
Muratic acid should do the trick but not 100% sure.

Thorpe
03-26-2010, 08:54 PM
Muratic acid wont work on kreem. Drain you acetone out, (save it to reuse) and blast the kreem with a pressure washer... Will probably loosen a batch of chunks up, but you will probably have to get the water out and repeat the acetone process... Took about 3 times to get it out of my BR tank... How much acetone do you have in the tank? I used 2 gallons, full strength...

ssrecords
03-26-2010, 09:20 PM
I removed thw acetone and filled it up with Mek....The Kreem is soft but its not coming off...Mek has been sitting in it for 48 hrs...And i have been shaking the tank

Thorpe
03-26-2010, 09:22 PM
Empty the tank and blow it out with the pressure washer. Works pretty well... It doesnt disolve back into a liquid, just gets soft enough to tear it up with the P.W. It will cut down on the agony of waiting too...

86trizinger
03-26-2010, 09:31 PM
I put about a small box drywall screws in the tank with about a gallon of acetone. Let it sit for 24 hours.. then I shook the can for about 30 minutes. Did that one more night and drained it out.. Cleaned the tank out almost perfectly.. only hard part was getting all the screws out after wards.

dajeepman
03-27-2010, 12:22 AM
I swear the BR tank is made where rocks or any thing you put in there wont come out easy... its a mix between shaking and jolting it to get every little peace out. why did they build them like that Gesh

ssrecords
03-29-2010, 10:32 PM
I got some of it out with some nuts and bolts....but the sides of the tank is not getting soft at all...the MEK did not do anything to it...Do you think if I was to bring it to a radiator shop they could boil it out???? If so they could just coat it after

jakeadake
03-29-2010, 10:41 PM
Funny, I have been doing the exact same with my 110 tank for the past week. I had a terrible time getting the liner out. Tried acetone, drain cleaner, kerosene, shaking around nuts/screws/rocks... I spent about 12 hours picking at it with a long screw driver and blasting it with a pressure washer. Worked good enough to removed all but the most stubborn pieces. In exhaustion I quit and put the tank back on and slapped two inline fuel filters to be safe...I am never going to line a gas tank after this.

Thorpe
03-29-2010, 10:48 PM
After the power washer, repeat the acetone/mek soak, and repeat with the power washer... Works well... Stuff wasnt really designed to come back out....

ssrecords
03-29-2010, 10:52 PM
I cant get a pressure washer in the tank...its a atc70 tank...like I said the side walls are not soft....the opening for the tank has no room

jakeadake
03-29-2010, 10:59 PM
Best luck I had out of the home remedies was to use various size nuts and 1/4 tank of acetone. I put a jack under my riding mower and lifted it up off the ground, and attached my tank to the drive wheel with bungie cords. Put in high gear with low throttle and let it spin for an hour or two. Beat the heck out of shaking it, and it loosened up most of the old kreem flakes. Rinse and repeat.

ssrecords
03-30-2010, 01:43 PM
Took it a radiator shop... they said they will take of it ...it will be back in a couple. Days

atc350xer
03-30-2010, 01:50 PM
I just got a 110 tank full of kreem... flaking off everywhere :(

blue27
03-30-2010, 05:10 PM
Best luck I had out of the home remedies was to use various size nuts and 1/4 tank of acetone. I put a jack under my riding mower and lifted it up off the ground, and attached my tank to the drive wheel with bungie cords. Put in high gear with low throttle and let it spin for an hour or two. Beat the heck out of shaking it, and it loosened up most of the old kreem flakes. Rinse and repeat.

thats funny