PDA

View Full Version : First gear problem

atc90
03-22-2010, 06:36 PM
so i was riing my atc90 and i let the clutch out wrong and now first gear doesnt work 2,3,4 work fine but i cant get first to work any suggestions of what it could be? and there oil dripping from the clutch cover " the bike has a manual clutch witch seems to work because like i said i tried 2,3,4 and it works"

Frankencelery
03-22-2010, 06:42 PM
That's hard to say, since we don't know what engine is in there. The 90 never had a manual clutch, so it's definitely aftermarket, or a transplant. Did the oil start dripping out of the clutch cover after the mishap? And speaking of that, how do you let out the clutch wrong?

By the way, welcome to the forums!

atc90
03-23-2010, 07:42 PM
ok well the oil started comming out after i opened it then closed it back up i guess i didnt put the gasket on right and i let the clutch out too fast so it stalled on me can anyone please give me some suggestions of what might be wrong with it could it be an easy fix?

Frankencelery
03-24-2010, 11:17 AM
I can't imagine letting the clutch out too fast causing that, unless something was already stressed and ready to break. What is your shift pattern? Does it feel like it's going into gear, or does the pedal offer resistance?

atc90
03-24-2010, 01:57 PM
ok when i kick it to first it clicks but the tire still turn freely, when i kick it to second gear i also hear the clcik then the tires get hard to push so then i depress the hand clutch and it starts moving slowly i guess because its in second and so on with the other gears. Also when this all happened when the gear whent bad my pull rope got stuck i couldnt pull oj it so i had to take the cover off and manuallly turn the ound part sorry i dont know the name not the pull cord part but the thing that the pull cord structure turns i had to turn that and then it was able to turn freely again

harryredtrike
03-24-2010, 02:40 PM
the leak is most likely a gasket leak,should replace with new everytime you open.you can get away with it if gasget doesnt stick to both sides of the case or whatever your taking apart.the missing gear could be a couple of things though,most are not good

atc90
03-24-2010, 03:08 PM
ok well the gasket thing isnt that baad right? so what about the missing gear? what could those thing be ? thanks everyone for your help

atc90
03-24-2010, 03:33 PM
also my chain feels a little loose after mounted the engine back on sould that be affecting first gear? because like i said the rest work fine, i added some pics of the chain and clutch cover so you guys can see i have a manual lcutch also why is there no high and low on my atc90