PDA

View Full Version : Wont Start !!!HELP!!!

11-08-2002, 08:19 PM
I have a 1982 Honda ATC 110 that I just got and it is currently not running. Its getting good spark, gas, and seems like it has good compression. I'm not real experienced with engines but I can tinker with them and I have the clymer manual for the bike. Im just not sure where to start. Anyone have any suggestions???

Thanks,
Jeremy

BigRedRunner
11-08-2002, 10:19 PM
How good is the compression? Can you keep your finger in the hole while you're turning it over?

11-09-2002, 12:34 AM
Actually, I did have someone push me while we dropped it into gear and it didn't fire that way either. I have not tried the finger in the hole thing yet though. Will try tomorrow. I went and bought a compression tester but it didn't have the right fittings to screw into my cylinder.

Jeremy

11-09-2002, 03:25 PM
trailprotrailpro 110 could need to be timed when the timing is off they wont fire

cmracer15
11-13-2002, 11:18 PM
i second the timing. mine did the same thing..if yur air cleaner is dirty just take it off and try it..has it been sitting?? maybe the carb needs cleaned..could be gumed up.

NOS_350X
11-14-2002, 03:01 AM
take it and pull it with suntin (i use my 350) and keep pullin it if its been sittin for a long time the gas may just be crappy and needs to be ran through it if pulling it forever dosent work spray some starting fluid in it and see if it turns over with that and cleen the carb

11-17-2002, 10:06 AM
Well, i finally fixed it. Had my friend come over that knows these engines pretty well and he helped me adjust the timing. The bike finally fired but we couldn't get it to stay running. We could spray gas in the carb and it would start but would die after it burned off that gas. So he recommended taking the carb apart and soaking/cleaning all the parts real good. I noticed that one of the jets was clogged when I did this so that was part of the problem. Cleaned and put it together and now it would start and stay running but ran really high idle and really smokey. Ended up getting a carb rebuild kit off ebay and now the thing runs great!!! Thanks for all your help. Time to have some fun. :-)

Jeremy