PDA

View Full Version : new plastic fenders

8586bigred
03-18-2010, 03:39 PM
I called Servicehonda and talked to someone about discontinued honda big red fenders, he told me there was a man named Stephen from the north east part of the country that was into 250r's and big red's. He said stephen and his friend made molds to make old fenders. He apparently works at a plastic factory and has access to this stuff. Any help at all? thanks guys.

Northman
03-23-2010, 07:50 AM
Here s my question if Honda has discontinued this stuff why doesn't some one buy the molds and get some chinese company to make them. I bet you could by the molds from Honda as they sell thier old engine molds ?? some one give Maier a run as they had to start somewhere.

oldskool83
03-23-2010, 08:14 AM
if i could win the lottery i would start my own plastic company. however what this guy is doing is great and he needs to be whored out, both parties will benifit from it.

Vealmonkey
03-23-2010, 09:20 AM
Would that be DC plastics?

8586bigred
03-23-2010, 09:52 PM
I contacted DC plastics he was real helpful however he said he couldnt help me because Maier already makes them he said there probally wouldnt be much of a market for them. so i guess back to just being stuck with maier. I can deal with the fitment issues and off color however the factory mudflaps and side trim doesnt work with maier so that is the only reason i dont want them. they dont look factory. the best thing i have seen is the camo wrap to cover it up. but again doesnt look factory.

tmhcycle
01-27-2011, 03:30 PM
I wonder if they can do one color instead of the camo coat, that would make the old faded plastics like new again. just a thought.

I contacted DC plastics he was real helpful however he said he couldnt help me because Maier already makes them he said there probally wouldnt be much of a market for them. so i guess back to just being stuck with maier. I can deal with the fitment issues and off color however the factory mudflaps and side trim doesnt work with maier so that is the only reason i dont want them. they dont look factory. the best thing i have seen is the camo wrap to cover it up. but again doesnt look factory.