PDA

View Full Version : new87 big red orig owner and new 85 sx Wish this story for all of us

tri again
03-18-2010, 08:25 AM
so my 84 200 es has that 'spark no spark' trip where we change everything with KNOWN working parts from working bikes and it still sparks sometimes, or not..and the weeks go by without a solution.

so, aggravated, I saw a trike for sale for 250$.
I got there and it was an 85sx, so I bought it anyway.
sucker runs and everything works..had a bad ground and a dead battery.

well, I need a bug red for farm work altho the sx is about that same without racks.

My friend saw a 87 br origional owner for 500$ and went to get it. a couple hrs away.

Farmer bought a few quads and said 300$ for the 87 br was cool, it's over there in the barn.

He brought it over today and he didn't look as happy as he should've.

hmmm...he likes to go fast and I like to go slow and drag pallets and logs and carry chainsaws etc etc.

so I says to him, I says, lets race for pink slips.

so now the 250 sx is his and this 87 br is mine. lets say under 600$ for 2 killer monster trikes that WORK!!!

how much more aggravtion do I need too deal wth on the 200 es spark no spark....sell it for parts or to someone who can mess with it..say a couple hundred bucks? It's pretty darn clean too, new tires etc which is why I've been spending so much quakity (*^^$($#@!) time on it., to no avail.

so my new 87 orig owner big red cost me...ummm like 100 bucks?

I needed gloves to read the owners manual it is so pristine.

A true time machine transported to me from dry inside storage from 1987

and bill's gonna sell one of his 200s rats that starts and runs for a couple hundred so he gets a monster scaryfast 85 sx that everything works for 60 bucks?

They're definitely out there.

mopar_man
03-18-2010, 09:27 AM
Nice. There's an '85 Big Red sitting a few blocks from me that's not in nearly as good a shape (cracked plastic badly welded back together, rusty exhaust, etc.) for $950. You did good! Now you have to put up pictures.

As for the 200es, get it running. It's worth more that way. Also get some pictures of it and that will help us value it better.

tri again
03-18-2010, 09:57 AM
Nice. There's an '85 Big Red sitting a few blocks from me that's not in nearly as good a shape (cracked plastic badly welded back together, rusty exhaust, etc.) for $950. You did good! Now you have to put up pictures.

As for the 200es, get it running. It's worth more that way. Also get some pictures of it and that will help us value it better.

I just wish someone had an answer to the 200es sparkNOspark headtrip.

There's 10 of us nationwide swapping known working parts and still no spark or some spark or will run for a minute or an hour and restart immediately when it dies with no spark or will have no spark for days and then have spark and run again.

There's gotta be something other than cdi, pulse gen, ststor all good ohm checks everywhere that we're missing.

something common to 200 es big reds intermittent spark

I have 2 of those 200 bigreds that run perfectly evrytime and all the time which is where I get my KNOWN working parts to swap out...but thats also why I gave up and wound up with the 85 and 87 in the last week or so.

time go quit fooling with fixing them and get back to the work we need them for.

Cows aint gonna feed themselves

any suggestions?

you can even make fun of us for being too stupid to think of 'x' or whatever the obvious fix is.

thanks

zppeacock
03-18-2010, 11:36 AM
My 200es does the same thing. It has only done it twice though and that was 6 months ago. Im keeping my fingers crossed.

mopar_man
03-18-2010, 12:07 PM
any suggestions?

That's why I hate electrical problems. :P Maybe you've got a broken/pinched wire somewhere that you can't see?

cattle-dog
03-18-2010, 01:55 PM
mopar i was going to say the same thing it happened to me with a 200 there was a break/corroded spot somewhere i changed the harness a couple hours work and it never happened again